What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is the best town(TS3) in your opinion?

9% 9% 
[ 4 ]
9% 9% 
[ 4 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
17% 17% 
[ 8 ]
2% 2% 
[ 1 ]
2% 2% 
[ 1 ]
24% 24% 
[ 11 ]
7% 7% 
[ 3 ]
2% 2% 
[ 1 ]
4% 4% 
[ 2 ]
9% 9% 
[ 4 ]
2% 2% 
[ 1 ]
2% 2% 
[ 1 ]
4% 4% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
7% 7% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 46

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by romantyke on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:17 pm

Yeas, I agree with you. This world is spectacular, and powerful pcs can run it very good in fact. I just can't wait for the Seasons Expansion Pack to come out. Union Cove is going to be even more impressive!

Kabiru

romantyke
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Posts : 144
Join date : 2012-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by Redronn on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:02 pm

St Claire is pretty awesome, but be prepared for your PC to blow up in your face.

Redronn
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 6
Join date : 2012-11-10

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MrNutjob

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by rajalves on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:46 pm

When I got Hidden Springs I was in love with it but now that Moonlight Fall is here I am more in love. I love small country type worlds even know in real life I live in the city lol
avatar
rajalves
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4
Female Posts : 72
Points : 2252
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-07-01
Age : 31
Location : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by jmjphotostudio on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:08 pm

I play with a CC world as some of the creators are really good.

_________________

I didn't choose Sim Life, Sim Life chose me... The Sims Plumbob 1

jmjphotostudio
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 2
Points : 2023
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by Simon87 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:12 pm

Im in Acorn Bay : )


Its fantastic!
avatar
Simon87
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All Sims
Male Posts : 22
Points : 2043
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-13
Age : 30
Location : Serbia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by meekie on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:13 am

In currently playing Bridgeport.
It kind of reminded me of New York in Winter from the previews.
Can't wait to actually play it though.
avatar
meekie
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Female Posts : 33
Points : 2193
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by IfICannotLove on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:59 am

Personally, I prefer Bridgeport over the others. I just love the city, though every time I do play it, I just get a little sad because i wish there could be more skyscrapers. I often find myself comparing Bridgeport to Chicago, where I am, and just setting myself up for disappointment. It's weird. Laughing

I also really find myself drawn towards Starlight Shores when I'm ready to start a new save game, even though every time I do play in Starlight Shores, I don't really like it too much. I just wish there was a bigger industrial area in it. Not sure how to perfectly word what I'm looking for in it, but whatever.

Bridgeport for me. Closest I can get to what I like. Laughing

IfICannotLove
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 28
Points : 2056
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:05 am

@IfICannotLove wrote:Personally, I prefer Bridgeport over the others. I just love the city, though every time I do play it, I just get a little sad because i wish there could be more skyscrapers. I often find myself comparing Bridgeport to Chicago, where I am, and just setting myself up for disappointment. It's weird. Laughing

I also really find myself drawn towards Starlight Shores when I'm ready to start a new save game, even though every time I do play in Starlight Shores, I don't really like it too much. I just wish there was a bigger industrial area in it. Not sure how to perfectly word what I'm looking for in it, but whatever.

Bridgeport for me. Closest I can get to what I like. Laughing

Hello,

Why don't you look for one of the bigger worlds on modthesims that have many high rise buildings? I've never looked into it myself because I'm not a fan of the city, but there's supposed to be a stunning New York available. I imagine there are other cities, like Chicago, available as well.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15169
Points : 20473
Reputation : 1507
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by IfICannotLove on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:30 am

Lady ElDi wrote:
@IfICannotLove wrote:Personally, I prefer Bridgeport over the others. I just love the city, though every time I do play it, I just get a little sad because i wish there could be more skyscrapers. I often find myself comparing Bridgeport to Chicago, where I am, and just setting myself up for disappointment. It's weird. Laughing

I also really find myself drawn towards Starlight Shores when I'm ready to start a new save game, even though every time I do play in Starlight Shores, I don't really like it too much. I just wish there was a bigger industrial area in it. Not sure how to perfectly word what I'm looking for in it, but whatever.

Bridgeport for me. Closest I can get to what I like. Laughing

Hello,

Why don't you look for one of the bigger worlds on modthesims that have many high rise buildings? I've never looked into it myself because I'm not a fan of the city, but there's supposed to be a stunning New York available. I imagine there are other cities, like Chicago, available as well.

Hello!

I have before, but I normally have trouble with them. My computer doesn't run many other worlds well, other than those that come with the Sims 3 games. I've tried one of New York, England, and France, and most of those crashed the game by the time they finished loading. There was also one other, a large project named Setra (A desert city, in Egypt), that I've tried. None of them seem to work. Sigh. I'm fine with Bridgeport though. Smile

IfICannotLove
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 28
Points : 2056
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by AdiiLooS on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:09 pm

SUNSET VALLEEEEY

AdiiLooS
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 7
Points : 2133
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by antiskub on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:01 am

I have a soft spot for Sunset Valley; even though it looks pretty dopey now after all of the expansion packs prompting EA to drop various kinds of lots in different parts of town, e.g. Agnes Crumplebottom is now living next door to a coffeehouse and karaoke bar... Suspect
avatar
antiskub
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Favourite games : Curse of Monkey Island, SimCity 2000
Posts : 247
Points : 2359
Reputation : 26
Join date : 2012-09-21
Location : 3rd planet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:26 am

@antiskub wrote:I have a soft spot for Sunset Valley; even though it looks pretty dopey now after all of the expansion packs prompting EA to drop various kinds of lots in different parts of town, e.g. Agnes Crumplebottom is now living next door to a coffeehouse and karaoke bar... Suspect

Hahahaha ok that sounds very stupid indeed.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15169
Points : 20473
Reputation : 1507
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by styblsd on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:28 am

Personally, my favorite is Elmira City. It's a custom world by MySimRealty, which features a bustling city, a nice suburban area, a large beach, and a trailer park. It satisfies my needs of wanting a city without having to live in the city, because the high rise buildings bug me when they take time to render. It's essentially like Twinbrook and Bridgeport combined, and I absolutely love it.
avatar
styblsd
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 16
Points : 2036
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-11-18
Age : 22
Location : Sydney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by Ashkevron on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:52 pm

@Redronn wrote:St Claire is pretty awesome, but be prepared for your PC to blow up in your face.

Just recently played St Claire and it is great, right up there with Union Cove. It is remarkably well put together. I don't enjoy Bridgeport, too laggy, too many tall buildings, too many things combined into a single building. St Claire reminds me more of a city actually....not all skyscrapers but a real city with blocks of townhouses and smaller apartments.

It's definitely my newest favourite. I find I don't play any of the official worlds at all anymore. Its Union Cove or St Clair. Although I still enjoy Lucky Palms I doubt I will be playing anything other than these two custom worlds. I definitely recommend both of them.

Ashkevron
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Posts : 83
Points : 2157
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by Auntie Bella on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Currently I love Moonlight Falls, be cause of the characters/sims in that town. However I missed running in to petowners and domestic pets, so I had packed 6-7 households from Appaloosa Plains and placed them in Moonlight Falls.

Something I can't stop missing is the option to combine all the worlds together - like someone did with The Sims 2 - and thereby have the chance to meet every sims there is and play one household and still be apple to use every item/community loot that was released with a expansion & extra pack. I would love for one modder or a group of modders to make that possible like with The Sims 2.

But untill then I just read about Union Cove and I love it and must have it! However I'll wait till it's updated to Supernatural.

Thank you romantyke for telling us about the wonderfull place for sims.

_________________
Coffee is chintastisc!

avatar
Auntie Bella
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims
Female Posts : 300
Points : 2426
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2012-09-23
Age : 40
Location : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:48 am

@Auntie Bella wrote:
Something I can't stop missing is the option to combine all the worlds together - like someone did with The Sims 2 - and thereby have the chance to meet every sims there is and play one household and still be apple to use every item/community loot that was released with a expansion & extra pack. I would love for one modder or a group of modders to make that possible like with The Sims 2.

You could do that yourself a number of ways. But one of them requires a very powerful pc.
The first way is to download (or create) a huge world with a massive amount of residential lots, use Nraas Porter to pack up the families in each town and transfer them to your huge world.
But your pc would have to be able to run a large world and a lot of sims.

Another option is to use Nraas Traveler mod. that way you can have all of your installed worlds as vacation world and your sim can get to know sims in all worlds. those sims won't interact with each other though.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15169
Points : 20473
Reputation : 1507
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by Beef sticks on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:49 am

I liked Bridgeport because of the city-like atmosphere

Appaloosa was ok

Moonlight was too dull.

_________________



avatar
Beef sticks
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Elder Scrolls, Assassins Creed, Halo, Sims, MK vs DCU, Locomotion, Simcity
Male Posts : 163
Points : 2320
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by IfICannotLove on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:30 pm

I recently downloaded Los Aniegos, and it's my new favorite. I do feel like a lot of the houses are built sort of like after thoughts, like the creator preferred the general L.A. atmosphere as opposed to detail, but it's still great in my opinion. Razz

IfICannotLove
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 28
Points : 2056
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by dgirl1979 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:59 pm

ooooh where did you get Los Aniegos from?

_________________
santa affraid Hammertime afro
avatar
dgirl1979
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 2, Dead Rising, Left4Dead, Dead Island
Female Posts : 39
Points : 2110
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-09-28
Age : 39
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by Auntie Bella on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Lady ElDi wrote:
@Auntie Bella wrote:
Something I can't stop missing is the option to combine all the worlds together - like someone did with The Sims 2 - and thereby have the chance to meet every sims there is and play one household and still be apple to use every item/community loot that was released with a expansion & extra pack. I would love for one modder or a group of modders to make that possible like with The Sims 2.

You could do that yourself a number of ways. But one of them requires a very powerful pc.
The first way is to download (or create) a huge world with a massive amount of residential lots, use Nraas Porter to pack up the families in each town and transfer them to your huge world.
But your pc would have to be able to run a large world and a lot of sims.

Another option is to use Nraas Traveler mod. that way you can have all of your installed worlds as vacation world and your sim can get to know sims in all worlds. those sims won't interact with each other though.

Thank you and sorry didn't see this before - have my mind so many different places these days Embarassed

I don't think that I have the patience for doing it meself and I would like it to be possible for the locals in the different areas to visit on their own like in the Sims 2.
So all can get to know one another by them self, that's the fun part - since some of them just can't stand the sigth of another.... Laughing
I don't think that would be possible with the Travler since the Storyprogression can stop that and I hate that my sims are getting want and wishes about tourist and I think that's how they'll be registred as tourist, when visiting my sims town. I like it to go a little more beyond that. I'm difficult - I know

_________________
Coffee is chintastisc!

avatar
Auntie Bella
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims
Female Posts : 300
Points : 2426
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2012-09-23
Age : 40
Location : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by TCA on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:36 am

I really liked Appaloosa Plains. Since I can't play S3 Pets I'm on the edge with any others which seem cramped. But if I had to choose Sunset Valley.
avatar
TCA
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : PS4 PS3 (Netflix and Youtube)
Male Posts : 77
Points : 2106
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-11-12
Location : Hells Asylum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by PandaRix3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:47 am

My fav worlds are currently Sunset Valley and Monte Vista. Never really liked playing in Bridgeport cos it lags alot for me Sad
avatar
PandaRix3
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : All the Sims series,Harvest Moon
Female Posts : 14
Points : 2050
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-10-29
Age : 18
Location : Thousand Sunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WHAT'S THE BEST TOWN!!!

Post by ellajohnson on Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:58 am

Hi everyone,
In the last 3 days I kept deleting my saved games because I didn't find the "neighbourhoods" very interesting.
So I wanted to ask everyone about their opinion on the best neighbourhood/town to play with in TS3 and why?
 The Sims 3 plumbob HAPPY SIMMING!
(If u guys have anything in mind that is NOT on the list please write it down Very Happy )


Last edited by ellajohnson on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ellajohnson
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Chicken Invaders, Fishdom, League
Female Posts : 308
Points : 3237
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2013-12-31
Age : 18
Location : Toronto, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by J.T. on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:49 pm

I prefer Isla Paradiso because it contains the most valuable features in The Sims 3. Snorkelling, scuba diving and resorts...

How valuable Isla Paradiso is. By default, you can let your sims scuba dive and snorkel and have a houseboat in only Isla Paradiso. I love how sunny Isla Pardiso is.
avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 6092
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 22
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by ellajohnson on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Even before purchasing Island paradise, Isla paradiso was my favourite and I always loved just looking at the pictures. I think it brings the most features compared to other towns. Very Happy  
If I had to rate them it would be like this:
Isla Paradiso
Sunset Valley
Hidden Springs
But that's just me though!! Smile


Last edited by ellajohnson on Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
I have returned to this majestic world!

avatar
ellajohnson
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Chicken Invaders, Fishdom, League
Female Posts : 308
Points : 3237
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2013-12-31
Age : 18
Location : Toronto, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by B37lovly on Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:18 am

I gotta say Island Paradise, because it fun. Also the view is amazing!
avatar
B37lovly
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sim3, SimCity 4 & 5, SaintRow 1,2,3,4, candy crush
Female Posts : 24
Points : 1765
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-09-13
Age : 41
Location : Mississippi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by occultation on Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:36 pm

Isla Paradiso is laggy for me, always freezes, you can also add all the features from the EP to older neighbourhoods, house boat on the shore of Sunset Valley etc. (yeah, not very luxurious but you know) - I like Monte Vista, nice houses, nice "holiday home" feel to it. Very nice.
avatar
occultation
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3
Male Posts : 55
Points : 1661
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2014-01-15
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the best The Sims 3 world to play ?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum