Running The Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Running The Sims 3

Post by Benjiboy180 on Sat 20 Oct 2012, 21:45

Hello, first off I would like to say great work getting all of this stuff together. I must admit I am very impressed.

I am trying to install The Sims 3 with Pets, Generations and Ambitions (I find that the Sims often suffers from an overload of content, so I prefer to keep the expansions I install to a minimum). Anyway, I followed the "Must Read" quite carefully, but I am still unable to get the game to work. I installed the base game (all of my downloads were from here), which ran fine. I then installed Pets, Generations and Ambitions (in that order) and even installed the Origins thing that Pets makes you do. I then updated (1.39) manually from the download provided in the must read thread. Finally, I copied the .exe and .dll files from the #Crack file in the ultimate fix and put them in the Sims 3/Bin file and replaced the old ones.

I wasn't sure which file to click on to run it, but none of them work. If I click straight on the .exe, all I get is: "Unable to start the game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)." If I try to run the launcher it says: "There was an error durnig startup. Please see the Log for more details." It never says where this log is, so even if I wanted to see it, I can't.

I would really appreciate some help here. As I said, I followed the guide to the T, or as far as I figured. It didn't say if I needed to install games in a certain order, or if I needed to install Origin or any of the other things it asks me to during installation. I am assuming I don't need to move anything from other folders in the Fix as the guide never really says to. Either way, maybe I am missing something important, but I just don't see it. Thanks for your help.

~Benjiboy180

Benjiboy180
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running The Sims 3

Post by ediblexenvy on Sat 20 Oct 2012, 23:08

I am having the same issue. I did not install origin, but i did get all the expansions. (i agree that there is a major overload of content, but i'm too greedy to say no to any of it) I did the same thing as you, and am getting the exact same messages.

It's good to know I didn't just screw something up. I hope our problems get resolved.

ediblexenvy
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nura on Sat 20 Oct 2012, 23:53

before installing the patch..did you put the files from the "Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry..." folder to the Sims3/Game/Bin? coz u have to do that b4 patch...then after patch..that's the time where u put the files from the #Crack folder to base/game/bin..

**MY LAPTOP SUCKS CAN'T PLAY SIMS**
Nura
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : I simulate,I farm, I weild keyblades,I final fantasize, I gotta catch em all, I play ball and pretty much I just simply play. Yey playing!!
Male Posts : 42

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjiboy180 on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 01:50

No, I didn't do that step. The guide never really said to do that, but I can try it and see if it works. Thanks for the tip. I will update when I have tried it.

Update:
I tried doing just as you said and nothing. Same errors and everything.

Also, which file am I supposed to use to run the game?

Benjiboy180
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 03:49

ediblexenvy, please make your own topic so we can provide personal support, if the following doesn't work for you.

Hello Benjiboy180,

Here is a topic that had the same error you have.
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t7181-service-initialization-failed-0x0175dcbb-solved?highlight=0x0175dcbb
Mainly this link is what I want you to look at.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyKMnpKHGg8&list=UU4aAXhS9eRDVOQGiTes81DQ&index=0&feature=plcp

Don't need to copy files if using the Manual Patch, using the Updater with Origin you do need them though.

I think all 4 of them should work, TS3.exe, TS3W.exe, S3Launcher.exe and Sims3LauncherW.exe.

Hope it helps, let us know the results.
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4
Male Posts : 1079

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjiboy180 on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 05:46

I am working on it right now. Do I need to have EA Download Manager or Origin install? It asks me to do it when I install the games, but I don't really want them.

Benjiboy180
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 14:39

Hello,

No, you don't need them, so if you don't like Origin, just don't install it.

Ps. Origin is the new name of the old EA Download Manager.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjiboy180 on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 17:33

Ah, ok. It all makes so much more sense now. Thanks.

Benjiboy180
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 19:44

Hello,

You're welcome.
We'll keep this topic open for you, please let us know the final result!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjiboy180 on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 19:51

No problem. I made a last minute decision to install some stuff packs (Disel, Master Suite, Outdoor Living, Town Life, and High End Stuff) so I had to let those download first. I am installing everything now and will update when I know if it worked.

Yup! Working. Thanks so much for your help everyone. I really appreciate it. It definitely looks like it was an issue with the Registry settings. It might be worth noting that in the guide (for people who aren't installing everything). I don't know how those Registry entries got there as I have never installed any other versions of the game before, but I am happy to know that it is fixed.

Great work, by the way. The process really is very simple. I am also very impressed with how much support there is for issues here. I will definitely keep coming back to Games4theworld for other gaming needs!

Last edited by Benjiboy180 on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 20:29; edited 1 time in total

Benjiboy180
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sun 21 Oct 2012, 20:05

Hello,

No problem, we're here whenever you need us.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum