A problem not related to any downloads here, but nobody else seems able or willing to help.[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A problem not related to any downloads here, but nobody else seems able or willing to help.[SOLVED]

Post by Ashkevron on Wed 24 Oct 2012, 12:05

This is not a problem with any of the downloads here, let me first say that. This is more a post hoping that some bright spark here can fix the problem or tell me how to fix the problem since nobody on three other sims related forums either can't or won't help.

I found a lot that I wanted to add to my game. Found here: modthesims.info/download.php?t=438980

Now I downloaded it, un-rared it, installed it. On sims launcher it shows up in my downloaded and installed areas. The problem is that when I am in game and edit town, the lot isn't there anywhere. Other lots are there and can be placed but for some reason this one isn't. As I said, everything seems to be alright, I installed just like other lots, it shows up in downloads like other lots, it shows up in installed content like other lots, it is in the library part of the documents like other lots. It just won't show up as empty house so that I can place it.

I know this has nothing to do with G4TW or it's downloads, I was just hoping someone here might be able to offer suggestions.

Ashkevron
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A problem not related to any downloads here, but nobody else seems able or willing to help.[SOLVED]

Post by Aɾყα on Wed 24 Oct 2012, 12:20

Hello,

You could try this, or use an alternative to the launcher for installing sims3packs.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A problem not related to any downloads here, but nobody else seems able or willing to help.[SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername on Wed 24 Oct 2012, 13:25

Kind of a stupid question, that I'm sure you've already checked, but do you have all the expansions/stuff packs needed for the house?
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashkevron on Wed 24 Oct 2012, 14:18

yep have all the expansions....downloaded the G4TW files

did the above suggested, removed everything and installed ONLY the file I wanted for the bungalow....it was in downloads and then in installed...but wont show up in edit town as an available lot

so I am giving up on it, despite how beautiful that lot is

Ashkevron
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Thu 25 Oct 2012, 02:31

You sure? If you want, we could probably try a few more things. Smile
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashkevron on Thu 25 Oct 2012, 02:40

we can try I suppose...but from reading the comments on where that lot is hosted...it seems this was a common problem that nobody really figured out

only reason I tried at all was after I posted a comment there, someone pm'd me and said it worked for them *shrugs*

Ashkevron
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:18

Hello,

How nice of them to share how they made it work lol. There's mention of a package file (with a broken link), perhaps you can make the lot work if you extracted it with Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi Extractor and placed the resulting package(s) in the mods\packages folder.

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashkevron on Fri 26 Oct 2012, 12:35

mods/packages folder?

I did use the program above, and ended up with a long string of numbers for a name package but not sure what you want me to do with it now

Ashkevron
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 26 Oct 2012, 12:43

Hello,

Is it just 1 package? You can simply rename it to whatever you want it to be called. Look here for instructions on how to install it.

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashkevron on Fri 26 Oct 2012, 13:26

nope didn't add the unit at all

Ashkevron
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 on Sat 27 Oct 2012, 18:00

Instead of placing the .package file in your Mods/Packages folder, try moving it to the Library folder (My Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 3\Library)

Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.

Julius Charles Hare

How to install "The Sims 3" correctly: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
How to Patch The Sims 3 manually: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v157-fix-manual-patch
The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
All ® Games4theworld Downloads can be found on: http://www.games4theworld.org , and http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/
Dracos66
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 & 3
Male Posts : 573

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashkevron on Sat 27 Oct 2012, 22:26

okay that didn't work at all...in fact it completely messed up the game, causing major major lag while playing. removing the package didn't help the lag at all, starting a new game didn't help......

soooooo....I am giving up on that lot and uninstalling / reinstalling the game since whatever happened has totally f'ed it up. not your fault of course, and I am placing no blame on you at all.....stuff just happens sometimes and I think it just pointed out that I am not meant to have that lot...hehehehe

I do appreciate ALL the help I have gotten here in the forums, as well as for the downloads themselves....will be back playing in about an hour or so....it's just the store stuff that takes forever to load up

Ashkevron
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Sun 28 Oct 2012, 12:25

Hello,

You're not the only one with problems with the lot. Sorry to hear you've had to reinstall.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)