Error downloading. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error downloading. [SOLVED]

Post by amorales559 on Fri 26 Oct 2012, 23:55

Hello! Been trying for the past two days to get the game downloading to no prevail.

I downloaded all your expansions and original off games4theworld. org with BitTorrent.

Everything downloaded except The Sims 3.rar which continues to get stuck at 99.9 percent.

First time it finished downloading after 3hrs of being 99.9% to only find it was corrupted.

Second attempt finished again after being stuck for 5hrs at 99.9% to be corrupted again.

I left it downloading again last night to another corrupted file this morning.

It takes about a hour for the base game to download to 99.9% on my connection, to only get Cache fails, 69 i think last night.

Any help/Advice is greatly appreciated.

amorales559
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error downloading. [SOLVED]

Post by romantyke on Sat 27 Oct 2012, 01:05

Hello,

Hmmm... Mine downloaded pretty fine, even though my connection was set to low-rate that night. But all I can say is: the port connection maybe isn't fine. While I was downloading The Sims 3 Supernatural, it made the same thing you said over three times, until I lost patience and changed my port connection. Try to get into your utorrent client properties and change your port connection, by going into connection, and clicking on random port. That had settled my problem for the download of Sims 3 supernatural. Ever since, no problems with other torrents too. Try this, and let me know if this works!

I hope you're feeling well! Kabiru.

//EDIT

I forgot to add... Bittorrent and utorrent aren't the same programs, but I have both, and they're quite similar, although not identical. Since you have bittorrent and I told you about utorrent, let me tell you this:

the random port button is under file, properties, and connection. Hit the random port button, and it should work. If it don't, it may be some other issue, and I couldn't help you. But since changing the port helped me out, it might do the trick. le me know about it!

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Golden Sun GBA, Hellgate London, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Diablo II LOD, Banjo-Kazooie
Male Posts : 141

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amorales559 on Sat 27 Oct 2012, 01:18

Thanks for the reply!

I am currently downloading it again, and it again is stuck at 99.9 for the past two hours.

Time Elapsed: 3h 32m
Downloaded: 5.52GB
Wasted: 290mb (72 hashfails)
Seeds: 62
Peers: 18
Downloaded: 99.9%
Availiablility: 36.999

I stopped/paused the download and "random"ed the port and resumed download.

It is still stuck at 99.9%.

I will attempt downloading it again with your possible fix!

Last edited by amorales559 on Sat 27 Oct 2012, 01:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added in info)

amorales559
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romantyke on Sat 27 Oct 2012, 01:29

Hello,

I see that your trying again. I forgot to tell you to restart the download before changing ports, sorry, dude. That's what I did since it didn't work first, when I paused the download.
I know it's so frustrating when it freezes like that and you have to restart it, I lived this pain lots of times before i got used using utorrent and bitorrent. I'm not a computer whiz, but I can still be good with a pc.
For example, my kid Omoro had pestered me about his download that did freeze (indeed) at 55%, and I had to stop the download, randomize the port and restart the download once again. It worked.
We never know... if it works, don,t hesitate to send a word. I'll be glad to hear about it.

With highly polite regards,

Kabiru

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Golden Sun GBA, Hellgate London, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Diablo II LOD, Banjo-Kazooie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink on Sat 27 Oct 2012, 06:59

Even maybe re-check, see if your torrent client can find a problem, for utorrent I know, it's just right-click on the download and nearish the bottom is Re-Check, so figure it will be somewhat similar to BitTorrent, but a re-check might not do any use.

I checked around with googling your problem for just normal torrent downloads, and seems to mainly be like just a lack of people having that section of the .1% you need. Which seems weird since there are the 120 Seeders on TPB. So I guess give it some time, and it should work itself out.

But yeah also, make sure you reboot, and check for updates on your Torrent client, and even re-attempt to download the torrent file, or use the magnet link again.
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4
Male Posts : 1079

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romantyke on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 03:13

All right, listen up!

To be sure if this wasn't a problem for everybody who would be downloading this game, I re-downloaded it for myself, and it worked pretty fine in half an hour.
There must a problem with:
- Your internet browser AND/OR
- Your internet connection router AND/OR
- Your computer's connection otions AND/OR
- Your bittorent settings.

The only way I can see now for you is check every single options in what I've written just above. This is the best I can do to help... I'm not a computer whiz, but I can assure you that is all I can see...

Ask the Admin, Lady Eldi, Narong or Dracos for help. All of them have gracefully helped me out of trouble during my beginnings in this game.

If there's anything you need about any other problem, let me know, I'll do what I can. I'm very appreciating helping people.

With highly kind and polite regards,

Kabiru Touray

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amorales559 on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 07:43

Okay thanks for the help RomanTyke!

After a few attempts it still did not hit 99.9.

BUT, i did just try over and over unrar'n it and it finally just went through without the corrupt error.

So after the base game finally installed, the rest was cake.

Again, thanks for the help! Smile

amorales559
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romantyke on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 12:20

Hello,

You are most welcomed. If you need any other help, don't hesitate to call for it. Here on this forum, the support and gifts are graciously given.

With highly kind and polite regards,

Kabiru

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 22:01

Hello,

Thank you, Romantyke!
Enjoy your game and please let us know if you need any more assistance!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum