Low-end computers just can't do the trick... [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Low-end computers just can't do the trick... [SOLVED]

Post by romantyke on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 14:52

Hello guys!

This week, I discovered awful truths about this decrepit pc I have bought for just 425 bucks. The shopkeeper had told me it was a very good bargain, and powerful enough to take very recent games. He did bull****ed me, sorry.
The ram was half as powerful as he said and the ticket on it said. The video was even more terrible. I was conned, and the guy isn't working in the shop anymore... think he's got scared and decided to run from me and my husband? Then run, because you don't how good I can wrestle you, with my big and tough body!

I decided I will get rid of this scrap. My husband was very angry, and he said we should pursue the guy who conned us, but I said it wasn't worth it.

So listen, guys. The pc the idiot gave me was so low-end that only the base game unpatched was working perfect. When I added the ep, sp, cc, mods, and union cove neighbourhood, it took it for a while, but to a very slow speed, until it just crashed seriously this afternoon. My husband is at work, Omoro is at school, and Kom is napping in his bedroom.

I'm hot-headed right now. But believe me, guys... NEVER take such decrepit computer if you want the maximum power for the sims 3 and everyting included:

2gb ram (so bad!)
512 mg video (integrated chipset)
2,8 ghz dual-core cpu (the fan wasn't even equipped with a cooler!)
560 gb hhd (Well, that's quite good, but I prefer ssd)

This was what the computer specs were, before it just crashed. I can't even go on the desktop. The computer doesn't work anymore! And I played with the minimum graphics. I'm writting this message with my Nintendo 3DS, which happily works with this forum.

I'm going to buy the strongest computer my money can buy. I may be poor, but I'm going to wait a couple of months, before taking out my wallet and spending for a made-in-order pc that I will ensure will be the perfect model as of 2013! I will bet... at least 5000$. That should do the trick. I'm sure the boys shall be angry to wait that much, but I'm serious.

Kabiru

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Golden Sun GBA, Hellgate London, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Diablo II LOD, Banjo-Kazooie
Male Posts : 140

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Low-end computers just can't do the trick... [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 16:36

Hello there,

Was it a local store? If it's a normal store, just bring the PC back to the store and get your money back?
You can add some more RAM easily, but I don't think that's worth it.

And, wow, this made me laugh:
@romantyke wrote:I'm writting this message with my Nintendo 3DS, which happily works with this forum.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19214

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by romantyke on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 16:58

Hahahaha!

Well, this is funny, I know, but I can't go on the net without my 3DS. I check every half an hours to see if everything's okay on this forum, and for anything else on the web...

Yep, this was a local store. I brought back the pc, but the owners said that my account on their database was being on the burglar state. I went red in the face with anger and asked them as casually as I could why on earth did my account was telling them that I ''stole the pc from them''.

They couldn't answer. The database was also saying that since there wasn't any proof, I couldn't be pursued by the law. I was out of my mind! Me, stealing this computer?! I paid it to this idiot. In fact, I'm sure the guy who sold it to me is all behind this stupid scene.

I asked to talk to him ''immediatly''. They seemed suddenly ashamed, and hesitated before one of them asnwered that the guy hasn't been seen for almost a week of supposed work. They also said that the only news they had from him was from NYC. I told them without any fear this guy was the one who conned me and that he fled because there was no doubt he was scared of me.

I don't mean to brag, but I can say I'm quite good-looking, being black, bearded and large-embodied. I do sports and muscle training every weekend mornings at the gym. There was no doubt this guy wasn't ready to feel my wrestling arm. All I wanted at that time was to punch this guy and make him suffer for such a con.

Well, I steadied myself and asked to the shopkeepers if there would be any way to replace the computer. They answered that once the pc was broken because of things such a a game, the warranty would no longer last. I said that I leave the pc in their shop and will not replace it, that I will buy a stong pc, better than any other's in that stupid shop and that someday I will get that guy and make him pee in his pajamas.

They looked as though I was serious... lol

Writing with this 3DS is pretty long. I hope it won't bug...

Thanks! Polite regards,

Kabiru

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Golden Sun GBA, Hellgate London, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Diablo II LOD, Banjo-Kazooie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 17:09

Hello,

Wow, you should definitely tell them you'll sue them if they don't take back that stupid PC and pay you back all the money.
C'mon, show them who's the boss!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by kytonderoga on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 18:42

Salut Kabiru,

Franchement ton histoire est incroyable.
Il est vrai que les GPU intégré sont généralement pas terrible.
J'avais un PC a peut près pareil si ce n'est le GPU qui était un Nvidia 8800GTX. cela fonctionné bien mais pas en High.

Enfin, Bon courage et j’espère que tout s’arrangera pour toi, que le voleur se fera arrêter et que le commerçant te remboursera.
kytonderoga
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims 3, Anno 2070, Heart of iron 3&2, Skyrim, Mass Effect trilogy, Dragon Age
Male Posts : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romantyke on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 19:32

Salut, kytonderoga,

Ma langue maternelle est le swahili, mais je vais essayer de te dire cela en francais...

je suis un africain qui est né dans un village pauvre du Kenya, étant nu toute son enfance et n'ayant que des insectes et quelques noix à manger. Avoir neuf petits frères et soeurs m'a donné la responsabilité d'aîné qui doit aider le père aux champs et la mère à graisser les petits avec du beurre de karité.

Ca m'a donné un coeur de pierre, mais arriver en Amérique ne m'a pas plus endurci malgré le froid et la neige glaciaux. Je suis un Noir gay qui aime ses deux fils et son mari à la folie, et qui est aimé de sa famille, surtout de son père qui a été fier de voir son grand fils se marier juste à dix-huit ans, après tous les services qu'il lui a rendus par le passé.

J'ai beau être grand, musclé, barbu et peut-être intimidant, je ne suis pas très violent. Mais j'étais très en colère cet après-midi au magasin. J'ai dû leur flanquer la trouille, et ces mecs l'ont mérité. Leur short ***** ne leur ont donné qu'un comportement de femelle. Je ne suis pas assez con pour poursuivre ces imbéciles. Qu'ils aillent se faire en***er, et un jour, je trouverai le gars qui m'a triché et il passera un mauvais quart d'heure.

Pour l'instant, j'ai décidé de mettre de l'argent de côté pour m'acheter un puissant pc qui va me satisfaire pleinement, avec de la haute qualité, et je veux que le gear de mon pc soit équippé de la plus haute technologie possible pour le public moyen. Dans quelques mois voire une année, je vous reviendrai avec un top of the world leadership pc.

Je suis très pauvre, mais quand j'ai une idée, je la garde dans la tête.

Comme un french speaker de chez vous disent: Du cran! Vive votre France! Un jour, j'irai voir ce que votre bon vieux pays a bien fait. Je ne doute pas du courage de vos soldats durant 14-18 et 39-45. Si la guerre éclate à nouveau, je vais me joindre aux Alliés avec vous et me battre comme un homme digne d'honneur.

Mes respects à vous tous,

Kabiru Touray

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 23:18

Hello,

I been debating on building myself a high-end computer also, I read a lifehacker.com article but due to Hurricane Sandy the data center in NYC that host them is currently down so I can't post a link to the article.

They made a parts list for a average-decent computer for under $600, and a high-end part list under $1200, which making your own is really the way to go, having the knowledge of each part, and knowing what the system has the potential of, rather then what others say about the parts in the computer.

I haven't finalized my thought process on what I want, since I'm still guessing what my budget for it will be, and waiting a bit closer to Black Friday/Cyber Monday to see if there are any good deals on parts that I could build a system around.
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4
Male Posts : 1079

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romantyke on Tue 30 Oct 2012, 23:20

Hello,

I'm sorry. Could you explain in greater details? I couldn't catch what you meant. Please?

Kabiru

//EDIT

And I perfectly know about this NYC shutdown... My sister Kizzy is dead
over there last night. Her best friend told my father and mother today
very late, and they told me... I'm sorry. I just can't bear it. I need
some time... please... She was my favorite sister, an awfully beautiful
sixteen years old black girl.

Miranda, her friend, told my
father they were about to go out of NYC before eight in the evening.
They waited too long, as the hurricane hit and... Well, Miranda have
been able to dodge it, but Kizzy missed... she lost so much blood. She
was dying. Miranda couldn't do anything, there were nobody around to
help, because everyone were panicking. Kizzi is dead early this morning.

She didn't deserve to die... I promised the family that I will
wear black for months. Sorry, please, but I need to pay respects to
Kizzy by not talking about this accursed hurricane... and city.

I
will wait for your answer, but for now, I need to read a story because
my kids are getting to sleep. They've gone through so much, they've
loved their aunt.

Kabiru

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink on Wed 31 Oct 2012, 00:03

@romantyke wrote:Hello,

I'm sorry. Could you explain in greater details? I couldn't catch what you meant. Please?

Kabiru

Hello,

I'm not sure where I lost you, so I'm not sure where I need to explain better.

But I'll write out my main point some more.

The article was just about building your own computer, both had decent/good specifications for their price-range, they did a really good job on coming out under the $600/1200 marks, mainly just a few bucks to spare. Mainly showing that getting a really good computer isn't really heavily expensive, just as long as you somewhat know how well you want it to work, and what you are going to use it for.

Plus with building you own, you know easily where you can cut some over-the-top stuff that isn't needed currently, but you wish to get later on. Like could get a Graphics Card that supports combining it with another similar one, so you have one currently that is capable of working, and once you add the other, can really make whatever you do look extremely crisp and nice. Maybe even getting a smaller SSD instead of the bigger one, and then add another one later on.

I'm also thinking with sites like newegg.com they do have the warranties, and your parts even have manufacturer's warranties in the cause of a product breaks/has issue under normal(expect) working conditions.

If you still don't following, can you narrow what you need more details with please?

I'm sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers will be for you and your family.
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 on Wed 31 Oct 2012, 00:10

Greetings Kabiru,

First let me express my sorrow for your loss. Hopefully you have friends and family to help you through this period and remember that as long as you keep your sister alive in your memories she isn't truly gone.

As for building your own computer system, there are several good sites that have step by step instructions on how to build it correctly. One of my favorites is a video and guide found HERE .

For parts, depending on where you live, the best places I've found are geeks.com , crucial.com and tigerdirect.com. They offer better pricing and often have several useful specials going on any time you visit.

Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.

Julius Charles Hare

How to install "The Sims 3" correctly: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
How to Patch The Sims 3 manually: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v157-fix-manual-patch
The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
All ® Games4theworld Downloads can be found on: http://www.games4theworld.org , and http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/
Dracos66
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 & 3
Male Posts : 573

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romantyke on Wed 31 Oct 2012, 00:19

Thanks.

I understand now. I'll think about it.

For now, I need to think about what is going on. My brothers are so thorn that they want to leave home to go back in Kenya, and Father is against it... I'm just not ready for anything right now. My husband has took days off, me too, and we're about to move to my parents to think... and decide what we should do next.

I feel this whole natural disaters story is about to unfold for true. I have a bad feeling about all this maya prophecy, even though I had never believed it, but now I just saw on the news the complete sinking of a big part of the Baffin Land because of a giant glacier going through it like a missile. Another big earthquake in this ocean just tonight, and I see right now on the news that a big snow tempest is about to arrive right on us. The Weather Network is saying that it's a century's snowhead.

Something big is going on. I need to think. If I must die, I will, and with honour. There's no need to run for my life. I'll greet death with my children, husband and all family with all the respect I can.

Give me some time. If everything's okay for a while, I'll come back. But... Something's not right. It's fishy...

Kabiru

Thanks a lot Dracos. I'll check it out back at my father's house. S***... The kids have to be up again and dressed up. We're going tonight to Montreal. There's a big thorn in my little brothers' side, and now Father and Mother are asking for me to help. I just hope my smallest brothers and sisters, who are not even ten, shall not be able to realize too soon what's going on.

I appreciate your help. If I can, I promise I shall go back on the website as much as I can.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Kabiru

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 on Wed 31 Oct 2012, 00:37

I have a friend from Kenya who has shared a lot of life's hardships with me. He has a favorite saying that I will share with you:

Nifae mvuani nikufae juani. (I hope I spelled it right)

Amani

Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.

Julius Charles Hare

How to install "The Sims 3" correctly: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
How to Patch The Sims 3 manually: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v157-fix-manual-patch
The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
All ® Games4theworld Downloads can be found on: http://www.games4theworld.org , and http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/
Dracos66
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 & 3
Male Posts : 573

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romantyke on Wed 31 Oct 2012, 00:45

God bless you. And let me tell you the praying for our God in Swahili.

Baba yetu, yetu uliye mbinguni, jina lako litukuzwe, ufalme wako uje, mapenzi yako yafanyike hapa duniani kama mbinguni.
Utupe mkate wetu wa kila siku,
utusamehe makosa yetu kama nasi tunavyowasamehe wale ambao hatia dhidi yetu. usiyaandike kwa makini, lakini utuokoe na uovu.
Amina
May you live long and happily.

thank you once again, and have all my heartfelt friendship.

Kabiru

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kytonderoga on Wed 31 Oct 2012, 13:22

I wish the best to you and your family
If you need advice, we are all here to help.

PS: you can be proud of what you've accomplished.
kytonderoga
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims 3, Anno 2070, Heart of iron 3&2, Skyrim, Mass Effect trilogy, Dragon Age
Male Posts : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ɛɗιη on Thu 01 Nov 2012, 05:59

I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to your and your family.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15088

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romantyke on Sun 04 Nov 2012, 19:18

OK, now I have my very good pc. I've been playing the Sims 3 in english only. But I had a change of heart and decided to have it in French. So I installed it in French. At first, the game had worked, but suddenly crashed to the desktop during the loading, and when I tried to load the game again, it said the very well known : unable to start game, servide initialization failed. (numbers and letters).
Could the game cannot be installed in french then?

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink on Sun 04 Nov 2012, 21:40

The Sims 3 has issues with installing in other languages. Would probably work if you work through the problems though.
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ɛɗιη on Mon 05 Nov 2012, 04:59

Hello,

Which numeric code? It's highly likely that it has nothing to do with the language at all.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
Ɛɗιη
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15088

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by romantyke on Mon 05 Nov 2012, 17:24

Hello everyone...

Well I can't remember now, because I did a checkup once my husband came back, and we saw that the mods from nraas were NOT compatible with 1.42 patch. It had nothing to do with the game language. The mods were for 1.39! hahaha, I was very stupid to post a problem like that, I had to chek first. Sorry...

By the way, this morning before school Omoro said that the game was disgusting in the french language (my kids can speak french, english and Lingala), and I was angry at him. I punished him, but I regretted it later in the day, because... I must admit: the game in French is very badly translated correctly from the english language.

I apologized with tears to Omoro and reinstalled the game in english. Since this language is the best one to play with in the Sims 3 (for us..), I decided to stay with that. There's nothing more to say about the game language changing.

I downloaded the mods from nraas for 1.42 patch, and the game stopped crashing for good. Man! My high-end computer runs this game perfectly well, and I can't wait to plunge into the world of the Seasons Expansion Pack with the maximum settings and the snow tempests and all this colorful autumn! Yes, since my pc is powerful, I had allowed my sons to take the game with max settings. Omoro was not saying how much thankful enough he was about it, because when he saw the wonders of the hd graphics, he couldn't say a word and I didn't hear him anymore for a long time. That gave me the time to make his favorite supper.

Again, thanks for your support. I need to add that thanks to you, you save the people by giving them games and softwares for free, which allow their lives to be more enjoyable and less expensive. We owe you too much to even tell it in words.

I admire you!

Kabiru

Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 06 Nov 2012, 10:27

Hello Kabiru,

Side-note: it was not necessary to actually reinstall the game in order to change the game language. You can do that via the Registry.

Anyhow, glad to hear it's all fixed now and thank you for your continuous support and trust in Games4theworld!
Enjoy playing the game and please let us know if you need any more assistance!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum