Latest Fix Help [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Latest Fix Help [SOLVED]

Post by heynicolee on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 03:12

I've tried the latest fix about five times now, and every time I try it goes through all the way and then "Update Error: Invalid File Found" pops up. Any suggestions?

heynicolee
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 2414
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Fix Help [SOLVED]

Post by yesalmsot on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 05:33

I'm having the same problem. Followed the fix intructions to a T, but it just will not update the game.

yesalmsot
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 9
Points : 2397
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Fix Help [SOLVED]

Post by Ssargon on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 06:22

Might as well toss my issue in here as well, since there's a thread. I'm obviously an idiot and doing something wrong, because I just can't get these cracks to work. Should I let Base/WA/HELS update through the launcher? I can't, at any point ever get Ambitions and beyond to update and work, their version always shows as 0.0.0.0 or whatever. The cracks don't seem to help either. Should I not be updating through the launcher? Is there a place with manual patches that work with the cracks?

Any help is appreciated...

Ssargon
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 2388
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Fix Help [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 09:41

@heynicolee wrote:I've tried the latest fix about five times now, and every time I try it goes through all the way and then "Update Error: Invalid File Found" pops up. Any suggestions?

@yesalmsot wrote:I'm having the same problem. Followed the fix intructions to a T, but it just will not update the game.

@Ssargon wrote:Might as well toss my issue in here as well, since there's a thread. I'm obviously an idiot and doing something wrong, because I just can't get these cracks to work. Should I let Base/WA/HELS update through the launcher? I can't, at any point ever get Ambitions and beyond to update and work, their version always shows as 0.0.0.0 or whatever. The cracks don't seem to help either. Should I not be updating through the launcher? Is there a place with manual patches that work with the cracks?

Any help is appreciated...
Hello,

Yes, you have to update through the Launcher.
Also be 100% sure that you're copying the original files to the exact correct folder, otherwise you'll still get the "Invalid File" error.

I just updated the fix a few hours ago, so be sure to download and apply the latest version here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-latest-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026345
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Fix Help [SOLVED]

Post by Ssargon on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 11:21

Thank you for the swift reply. My main issue is that Base, WA and HELS update perfectly but with Ambitions, the launcher won't even load. I'm worried because I remember reading that the crack won't work without Late Night, and I can't even get to Late Night unless I avoid updating Ambitions and later packs.

Would it still work to not update the problematic EPs? Is there something else I'm doing wrong...? I did download the most recent version of the fix, at least as of 1:42AM forum time.

Ssargon
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 2388
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Fix Help [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 11:37

@Ssargon wrote:Thank you for the swift reply. My main issue is that Base, WA and HELS update perfectly but with Ambitions, the launcher won't even load. I'm worried because I remember reading that the crack won't work without Late Night, and I can't even get to Late Night unless I avoid updating Ambitions and later packs.

Would it still work to not update the problematic EPs? Is there something else I'm doing wrong...? I did download the most recent version of the fix, at least as of 1:42AM forum time.
Hello,

Open the fix and apply step 3 to 9. (Putting the original files back only for the expansions you have installed!)
When that is done, install Late Night and update it when it asks you to. Now open the fix again and continue by following the steps from 10.

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026345
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Fix Help [SOLVED]

Post by Ssargon on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 19:24

Sigh. I still don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I only installed Base, WA, HELS and updated them because I know they work, then I installed Late Night and it says my base game is incompatable. The exact order I'm doing this is install base -> update -> install WA -> update -> install HELS -> update -> install LN -> base game incompatable - can't update, so I replace the files with the fix's originals, and still get the same error. I can't get beyond step 10 because it refuses to recognise an update to LN no matter what I do, so I can't even use the files in the #crack folder.

I uninstalled it, rebooted, installed only Base and didn't update it. Installed LN, it tried to update Base and failed. Updated Base to 1.19.44, same base game incompatable error. I don't understand what I'm doing so wrong, the instructions are straightforward but I'm missing something... I'm really sorry for trying your patience.

Is the Late Night release from this site different from the normal release?

Ssargon
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 2388
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Fix Help [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 20:13

@Ssargon wrote:Sigh. I still don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I only installed Base, WA, HELS and updated them because I know they work, then I installed Late Night and it says my base game is incompatable. The exact order I'm doing this is install base -> update -> install WA -> update -> install HELS -> update -> install LN -> base game incompatable - can't update, so I replace the files with the fix's originals, and still get the same error. I can't get beyond step 10 because it refuses to recognise an update to LN no matter what I do, so I can't even use the files in the #crack folder.

I uninstalled it, rebooted, installed only Base and didn't update it. Installed LN, it tried to update Base and failed. Updated Base to 1.19.44, same base game incompatable error. I don't understand what I'm doing so wrong, the instructions are straightforward but I'm missing something... I'm really sorry for trying your patience.

Is the Late Night release from this site different from the normal release?

Hello,

No, it's the same release.

I think I know what your problem is. Please install our Outdoor Living Stuff from www.games4theworld.org and then download the latest version of the fix and apply it. It should fix your problems.

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026345
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Fix Help [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 20:16

@Ssargon wrote:Sigh. I still don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I only installed Base, WA, HELS and updated them because I know they work, then I installed Late Night and it says my base game is incompatable. The exact order I'm doing this is install base -> update -> install WA -> update -> install HELS -> update -> install LN -> base game incompatable - can't update, so I replace the files with the fix's originals, and still get the same error. I can't get beyond step 10 because it refuses to recognise an update to LN no matter what I do, so I can't even use the files in the #crack folder.

I uninstalled it, rebooted, installed only Base and didn't update it. Installed LN, it tried to update Base and failed. Updated Base to 1.19.44, same base game incompatable error. I don't understand what I'm doing so wrong, the instructions are straightforward but I'm missing something... I'm really sorry for trying your patience.

Is the Late Night release from this site different from the normal release?

Hello,

No, it's the same release.

I think I know what your problem is. Please install our Outdoor Living Stuff from www.games4theworld.org and then download the latest version of the fix and apply it. It should fix your problems.

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026345
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Fix Help [SOLVED]

Post by heynicolee on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 23:05

I re-downloaded The Fix, I read and reread the instructions and did everything they said. It still doesn't work /: The same message keeps popping up and then so does this: "The setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. This update requires a different region in order to be installed."

heynicolee
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 2414
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Fix Help [SOLVED]

Post by yesalmsot on Sun 06 Feb 2011, 01:04

I downloaded the fix again, too, and I still can't update the game, either...

What is the LN release mentioned in step 2 of the instructions? Maybe I can't update it because I've been skipping that step. LOL.

I only have the base game and LN installed... I'm thinking about uninstalling LN, but I'm worried I will lose my progress...

yesalmsot
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 9
Points : 2397
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Fix Help [SOLVED]

Post by Ssargon on Sun 06 Feb 2011, 02:54

Admin wrote:

Hello,

No, it's the same release.

I think I know what your problem is. Please install our Outdoor Living Stuff from www.games4theworld.org and then download the latest version of the fix and apply it. It should fix your problems.

So it may need the absolute most recent pack? Alright. When I'm home from work I'll try it. But, do you recommend installing only Base and OLS until the fix is successfully applied?

Edit: Same thing, only it didn't whine about the base game being incompatable. I only installed the Base and OLS, downloaded the fix .rar fresh from the site, tried the launcher before touching any files, after overwriting the appropriate files with the main .rar folders' versions, and after overwriting with the files in the #crack folder. Each time it looked like this: http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

I have confidence that your fix works, I just need to figure out why I can't do it right...

Ssargon
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 2388
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Fix Help [SOLVED]

Post by Adwomin on Sun 06 Feb 2011, 18:18

@heynicolee wrote:I re-downloaded The Fix, I read and reread the instructions and did everything they said. It still doesn't work /: The same message keeps popping up and then so does this: "The setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. This update requires a different region in order to be installed."
Hello,

That's because you probably didn't change the right 'SKU' value. Please re-read the "# Installation Guide.txt" on where the SKU code is located and how to change it. Read carefully!

@yesalmsot wrote:I downloaded the fix again, too, and I still can't update the game, either...

What is the LN release mentioned in step 2 of the instructions? Maybe I can't update it because I've been skipping that step. LOL.

I only have the base game and LN installed... I'm thinking about uninstalling LN, but I'm worried I will lose my progress...
Yes, you need our Late Night expansion, otherwise the launcher won't work.
If you already have Late Night, there's no need to reinstall it, just tell me what your exact problem / error is.

@Ssargon wrote:
Admin wrote:

Hello,

No, it's the same release.

I think I know what your problem is. Please install our Outdoor Living Stuff from www.games4theworld.org and then download the latest version of the fix and apply it. It should fix your problems.

So it may need the absolute most recent pack? Alright. When I'm home from work I'll try it. But, do you recommend installing only Base and OLS until the fix is successfully applied?

Edit: Same thing, only it didn't whine about the base game being incompatable. I only installed the Base and OLS, downloaded the fix .rar fresh from the site, tried the launcher before touching any files, after overwriting the appropriate files with the main .rar folders' versions, and after overwriting with the files in the #crack folder. Each time it looked like this: http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

I have confidence that your fix works, I just need to figure out why I can't do it right...
Hmmm... please do as following:

1. Install base game.
2. Install Late Night. (!)
3. Install Outdoor Living Stuff.
4. Apply fix.
5. See if it works now.


_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026345
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Fix Help [SOLVED]

Post by heynicolee on Sun 06 Feb 2011, 20:17

I downloaded and installed the Outdoor Living Stuff EP and it works now!

Admin: Great, have fun playing! Problem solved, topic closed.

- ADMIN

heynicolee
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Points : 2414
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum