Tried the required thread for instructions, didn't work, seeking more help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tried the required thread for instructions, didn't work, seeking more help.

Post by evilrick on Mon 05 Nov 2012, 21:04

I'm currently reinstalling The Sims 3 Ultimate Edition, which I downloaded via torrent from TPB. The thing is, whoever created the torrent had an issue with the registry and therefore set the install directory to C:/Program Files instead of Program Files(x86). This presents me with a problem, because when I try to update to the latest version (1.42?) with the manual patch, it can't find it in the proper folder so doesn't recognize that there's an installation there.

The game is playable, but my primary reason in downloading it was the sheer amount of custom content available. Without updating, I can't use the CC. Any help you kind folks can provide is appreciated. Thank you.

evilrick
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tried the required thread for instructions, didn't work, seeking more help.

Post by alibeasley on Mon 05 Nov 2012, 22:24

I helped my friend out when she downloaded the game and couldn't get it working. She had to set up the folders like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3 and the CC should be in "My Documents" under an "Electronic Arts" folder

alibeasley
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evilrick on Mon 05 Nov 2012, 22:30

@alibeasley wrote:I helped my friend out when she downloaded the game and couldn't get it working. She had to set up the folders like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3 and the CC should be in "My Documents" under an "Electronic Arts" folder

IT won't let me choose a destination folder for it, he has that disabled for some reason. Wonder if just moving the files would work.

evilrick
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alibeasley on Mon 05 Nov 2012, 22:37

Hmm. It might. If not, I guess you'll have to wait for someone else to help Sad Kinda takes forever on here but when you do get help, it works. Most of the time. I've been waiting since noon for help with my problem.

alibeasley
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink on Tue 06 Nov 2012, 05:35

With custom installers, they someone remove needed files to correctly update, and for Window's to recognized The Sims 3. Unfortunately there isn't much to work with, so normally best to download un-modified versions, like G4TW ones for example.

Yeah, just moving the files won't work, unless you update the registry keys for each of them, but you'll still have problems if you do both.

@alibeasley wrote:Kinda takes forever on here but when you do get help, it works. Most of the time. I've been waiting since noon for help with my problem.
4 hours is forever (at the time you wrote your last reply here)? O.o Glad you didn't buy The Sims 3, and try to use EA support.
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4
Male Posts : 1079

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum