Disk question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disk question

Post by msebastian on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 14:10

I like having the game running from a disk while playing. Before I try this I figured I would ask first. Can one of your downloaded games be put on a disk and ran from the disk. When I had the games running from the crack they seemed to freeze and crash and just run slow. I have installed everything up until pets which was the last game I bought and everything runs fine, fast, and has no problems. But when I installed your games up to diesel stuff the game was acting up and running slow. So back to my question can I burn the extracted .rar files to a disk and paly the game that way. I do not think it is my pc, because I have an i7 with 16G's of memory and a 2TB hard drive.

msebastian
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disk question

Post by t2sink on Thu 08 Nov 2012, 20:05

The Sims 3 doesn't really run from a disk, so you won't notice a issue if you even did manage it.

It only checks if there is the correct disk in your computer, and runs everything from the installed files.

I would say uninstall+re-install, just to see if that does solve it.

And of course follow this guide.
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Edit:
so you won't notice a issue if you even did manage it.

Should read more along these line "so you will still notice the issue if you even did manage to put it on a cd/dvd."

Last edited by t2sink on Fri 09 Nov 2012, 19:00; edited 1 time in total
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4
Male Posts : 1079

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Disk question

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 09 Nov 2012, 11:21

Hello,

The crack doesn't make your game freeze, lag or crash. So there must be something else. Do you have any other means of avoiding disk check? Like a noCD mod, or do you have anything sims-related mounted on a virtual drive?

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)