Hey there!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hey there!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 10 Nov 2012, 02:34

Alright then, nice to meet people like you, just call me 'Carlos' .
Although I was born in Austria and basically lived there almost my whole life, I'm thinking of moving to Spain or the Philippines sometime in the future (I'm just distantly related to these countries, but yeah, why not, if an opportunity arises ? Smile ).

The problem, though, is not so much about foreign mentalities or languages (I consider my English more than just 'acceptable' and learning another new language shouldn't be a big deal for me). The real problem is about jobs Evil or Very Mad.

In Austria, I completed my secondary education in 2005 and after a brief 'interlude' and the following military service (you have to choose either this or some other form of alternative civilian service) I started enrolling at university in the fall of 2006. So, I began studying law, philosophy and English studies. However, due to a few illnesses in the past (I had severe flu twice), personal and also financial problems, my studies took longer and longer and...well, now I have reached a point where I have to quit my studies, primarily because I don't have money anymore. I cannot seem to find even very 'basic jobs'; even if I get invited for a job interview I always get rejected Evil or Very Mad. I have heard that in other European countries like Spain, Portugal, Greece and even the UK , the situation is much worse.

So, I recently went to the unemployment office to figure out my 'chances'. The lady there gave me, apart from cynical and arrogant remarks, no useful information; since I never 'officially' worked, I do not even get any direct financial support from that office - there is supposed to be a way 'around that problem' but I would have to find out myself Idea. As you can probably imagine, my situation at the moment and the prospects aren't that good. Like I mentioned, the situation in Spain is worse. I don't know about the Philippines though..but I guess it's not that different.

But to move to something more positive now: in my spare-time I love reading especially novels, but also books on philosophy, psychology, legal studies and its sub-fields like legal history or sociology of law.
When I try to learn the basics of a new language, I try to memorize at least the most important grammar rules and then go on to watch lots of movies, which is also another hobby of mine Very Happy. I especially like gangster movies (like "The godfather" trilogy) and movies about prisons (e.g. In hell, Papillon, Half past dead, etc.); I even watch lots of TV series about related topics like "Numb3rs", "Criminal minds" and "Law & Order- S.V.U".
Of course, I also like playing computer games; I used to play lots of first-person shooters, but now I switched toward other games like... The SIMS 3 Very Happy.

As for my personality, I always had a trait of being good at almost all kinds of problem-solving, including the use of 'unorthodox', but still very effective methods Laughing. While I wouldn't describe myself as really gifted, my tenacity and resilience toward problem-solving have earned me a lot of respect king. This helped me a lot not only at school and university, but also with smaller daily problems.

I guess that's quite a big post. Hope I didn't 'overkill' you with too many personal problems of mine Embarassed
See you!
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hey there!

Post by cezra31 on Sat 10 Nov 2012, 04:04

Hello,

Welcome to the Forum. Feel free posting your problems.

I am Pilipino. Philippines is beautiful. Most Tagalog words are adopted in Spanish. (Some are respell like: español in tagalog espanyol)

In Philippines, many tourist spots. Like the Underground River in Palawan (It is nominated in 7 wonders of the world). And many other spots.

Loop
Start playing when buffered ( Only Notify

) -
%
Smart Buffer
Estimated Time:
Donate to SmartVideo!
Global Preferences
cezra31
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Left 4 Dead, NBA 2k, Warcraft III, Need For Speed, League of Legends
Male Posts : 500

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 10 Nov 2012, 10:33

Hello and welcome to the forum.

That's quite a difficult situation you're in. Ah the job situation in Europe is abysmal. I hope you'll find your way.

I hope you enjoy our forum. Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems. Feel free to leave a reply if you think you can help solve a problem. We also have a "The Sims (3)" chit chat section, and a n off topic area for your odds and ends.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 10 Nov 2012, 18:42

@cezra31 wrote:

I am Pilipino. Philippines is beautiful. Most Tagalog words are adopted in Spanish. (Some are respell like: español in tagalog espanyol)

Thanks for the nice response Very Happy

I am aware of the situation and history of the Philippines and Spain. I have been to the Philippines already several times at the end of the 1980's until the mid 1990's - last time was in 1996 though. Yeah, the landscapes are beautiful but what I remember most is the nice and easy-going mentality of the people Smile.
Right now, I just know a few words in Tagalog and Spanish; I never really "grew up" with these languages. Even my mom, who grew up in an environment with Tagalog and Spanish, just speaks Tagalog fluently.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum