A questions about Seasons.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A questions about Seasons.

Post by jmjphotostudio on Tue 13 Nov 2012, 17:34

what alot of people fail to understand about the law is that its not illegal to download content. Its illegal to share content. that is the reason people get in trouble in the US. IPS can only chestize you if your caught sharing. i used to work for a isp.

jmjphotostudio
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Violent on Tue 13 Nov 2012, 17:39

jmjphotostudio wrote:what alot of people fail to understand about the law is that its not illegal to download content. Its illegal to share content. that is the reason people get in trouble in the US. IPS can only chestize you if your caught sharing. i used to work for a isp.

This is true.. I always used to think. "How could I get in trouble from hitting a couple buttons on my computer?"

Violent
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 13 Nov 2012, 21:39

jmjphotostudio wrote:what alot of people fail to understand about the law is that its not illegal to download content. Its illegal to share content. that is the reason people get in trouble in the US. ISP can only chestize you if your caught sharing. i used to work for a isp.

Right..
The idea behind that is that if you're merely downloading something, then it's the same as if you're "making a copy of your own CD/DVD/etc."
Sounds strange, but that's how it seems to be.. However, I'm not sure if this applies to torrents anyway, because whenever you are downloading something, you are actually uploading something at the same time Wat.

But again: the most obvious thing is that they can't punish all downloaders; that is, if you don't seed or share you should be fine normally Smile

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14475

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gwhartog on Wed 14 Nov 2012, 06:04

AndreaKidd wrote:I'm sorry for seeming like a noob, but I have previously stated how I can't download torrents anymore because Comcast has caught me but I'm wondering if there's a way to mask it so I don't get caught? I downloaded the VPN thing from the pirate bay, but I'm not exactly sure how to use it and I'm scared to take the risk in case I get caught again which would be my third offense. WhatDidUJustCallMe? I was just going to buy Seasons but I'm going to have to wait until Christmas. I'm kind of new to the whole VPN thing. Crying or Very sad I wish I was able to get expansions from mediafire. haha

The best program that I used all the time when I had Comcast and now is Peer Block. It is super easy to use and best of all FREE. What it does is block unwanted servers, websites or even countries from your communicating with your computer. It is actually fun to watch it block the IPs; when I was torrenting a rather large expensive program I saw that it was blocking the U.S Naval Purchasing office among other scary IPs when I was torrenting. This program is a life saver, so for anyone torrenting anything Peer Block is amazing and will keep you safe. Just make sure you read up on how to use it properly.

gwhartog
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by h34dbug on Wed 14 Nov 2012, 16:39

[quote="Lady ElDi"]
SvenT wrote:

It's much, much worse in some countries. Some countries won't even allow Google Laughing[/color]

w0w! i can't imagine internet without google.

h34dbug
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steak n eggs on Wed 14 Nov 2012, 18:23

It's all about the seeding! I'm the worst, most naughty "p**ate" since I don't seed very long at all, if at all. I know, I know, bad me... but I got my first DMCA notice several years ago while utilizing demonoid and obtaining several newer more popular movies (the newer it is, the more likely you'll be watched). Scared the bajezzus out of me, so I stopped torrenting for a loooong time. Now I usually just RS (paid account for like 5 yrs now) or the dreaded pando. I only torrent games (well just games from g4tw actually) and audiobooks, actually. There will ALWAYS be a risk, even if you aren't seeding for long, of being caught, and so you give your little excuse (oh, I have wi-fi turned on, I didn't know someone was using my internet, etc) and stop torrenting for a while. *shrug* It's the internet and big brother is ALWAYS watching Wink Scary but true! The internet/cable companies go after the accounts with the IP's that got caught because their balls are being squeezed by the big corporate companies who don't want their content being given away for "free"! Razz
steak n eggs
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Xbox Fanatic, Bioshock, Dante's Inferno, Assassins Creed, Dishonored, Borderlands, Dead Island, Left for Dead, Silent Hill, Lego games...
Female Posts : 129

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AndreaKidd on Wed 14 Nov 2012, 18:40

I downloaded peerblock yesterday and I was downloading a torrent from a different website but I canceled because I got so scared, but it was so crazy seeing the ips it was blocking. I was only downloading for 5 minutes haha.

My last offence was 4 months ago I don't know if that is too early to try to torrent again.
AndreaKidd
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The sims 3, The Sims 2
Female Posts : 41

View user profile http://simmiepie.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by steak n eggs on Wed 14 Nov 2012, 18:47

AndreaKidd wrote:I downloaded peerblock yesterday and I was downloading a torrent from a different website but I canceled because I got so scared, but it was so crazy seeing the ips it was blocking. I was only downloading for 5 minutes haha.

My last offence was 4 months ago I don't know if that is too early to try to torrent again.

It took me years to grow the balls to start torrenting again. I'm wondering if there would be an issue with someone downloading G4TW torrent and then re-uploading that elsewhere for those people who don't feel comfy torrenting? I don't want to step on toes or do a No-No, but if it's okay, then perhaps this could be an option??? I completely and totally understand being too afraid to torrent. I'm in the US and yes, THEY DO track your activity and yes THEY DO send out notices and yes THEY DO prosecute! It's not something to take lightly, especially when there are hundreds of ppl every day going to court and being fined thousands of dollars for downloading MUSIC of all things... Facepalm I would rather err on the side of caution than think "oh it won't ever happen to me." But that's just me! Laughing
steak n eggs
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Xbox Fanatic, Bioshock, Dante's Inferno, Assassins Creed, Dishonored, Borderlands, Dead Island, Left for Dead, Silent Hill, Lego games...
Female Posts : 129

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum