Black screen after launching game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black screen after launching game?

Post by suicideblonde on Sun 11 Nov 2012, 17:15

So today I decided I really really want to play the sims 3. (just fyi: it ran fine before, i haven't played maybe for a month or so) I spent like 3 hours on downloading all kinds of new stuff, but when I tried installing the sims 3 packages through the launcher this happened: the installer only loaded as much as appearing as black square, after that it "stopped responding" and I had to close it. It's pointless waiting, nothing happens, it stays a black square every time. So then I checked if I had any corrupt CC files. I had. Deleted them. Deleted my whole DCBackup folder (except of course the ccmerged. pac). Same thing. By this time I pretty much gave up on the idea of installing all those clothes, hair and shit, so I was like "Oh well I'll just play without that stuff, no big deal". I opened the game through the exe file. Again, black screen with the mouse in loading mode. It just stays like that, EVERY TIME.
So then I say, well this might be because I haven't updated my game or smthing. So I do that. Downloaded the new update from here and the sims 3 and I do everything again, update, put the crack. Launch the game - same result. So does anyone have any idea how to fix this thing? Because if I have to reinstall everything all over again, i'm just giving up on sims forever, cause it's going to be like the 10th time i'll have to do that in the last 3-4 months. I'm really desperate guys, so please help. Thanks.

//EDIT

Oh, so now I deleted all the cache files and disabled/deleted all the corrupted or conflicting packages. And now I have progress. When I launch it it says:
" Unable to start game. Service initialization failed"

suicideblonde
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Black screen after launching game?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 09:37

Hello,

Which numeric code are you getting with that error?

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Black screen after launching game?

Post by suicideblonde on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 14:12

0x02957b48
I googled it, everyone says I have to re-install everything again. Any other ideas besides that?

suicideblonde
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum