Sims 3 launcher has stopped working :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 launcher has stopped working :(

Post by Nachodsk on Wed 14 Nov 2012, 16:45

Hello guys!

Well, it's quite long story what this is happening right now with my sims game, yesterday i got Sims 3 Seasons from KAT.PH torrents (around 1.05GB) and it was supposed to work, many people got screens and told me it works perfectly..

I have around 5 expansions packs and 2 or 3 stuff packs.. but yesterday i got the Sims 3 seasons and there was a reg file for both (32 and 64bits windows)

I double-clicked it and well, it got installed in my registration files and when i tried to start up the game it crashes at the very beginning "SIMS 3 LAUNCHER HAS STOPPED WORKING" and nothing more, i tried re-install all the things back again (first uninstalling all the games and folders from C: ) but nothing, the SAME ERROR.

Is there any solution for this kind of problem? I know it was not your torrent, but at least to get my gameplay activity back ? I is confused since it's not starting even if i make a 100% fresh install.

Thanks Smile

Nachodsk
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 launcher has stopped working :(

Post by Nio on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 02:58

Wow.I never get that kind of thing happen to me before.Any picture of it?

━━╮
   ┃╭╮┃┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┃━┫
  ┃╭╮┃╰┫╰╯┃┃┃┃┃━┫╭╮╭╮╭╮
 ╰╯╰┻━┻━━┻╯╰┻━━╯╰╯╰╯╰╯
Nio
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Minecraft,The Sims 3,Simcity 4, The Sims 4, Simcity 4, Battlefield
Male Posts : 49

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hexorcist on Fri 25 Jan 2013, 06:12

I have a feeling that .reg file you double clicked probably screwed some things up in the registry. Try using my tool to fix it: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t8929-registry-helper

Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Mass Effect series
Male Posts : 544

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daidai23 on Sat 26 Jan 2013, 04:16

Hi..Im kinda having the same problem with my launcher not working. I have the base game(store bought) but downloaded Master Suite, Diesel, & Generations froms here. My problem started when I added Generations, after I had already downloaded the other 2 & did the ultimate fix. I added Gen. and just re-did the fix but then my game wouldnt launch at all. So i uninstalled everything and did exactly everything like the ultimate fix and it still popping up the same prob.. :/
...IDK if the problem is after installing the fixes...
Update: after posting this earlier I uninstalled everything again. Installed the base game, updated it since without the update Genrations wouldnt install, and installed Gen. only. Did the fix and the game still wont launch so apparently theres a prob with Gen & the fix or Gen. wont work with my Windows 8 even though I set Sims up to be comaptible with XP which had been working just fine with my other two SPs..

Last edited by daidai23 on Sat 26 Jan 2013, 05:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 26 Jan 2013, 20:15

daidai23 wrote:Hi..Im kinda having the same problem with my launcher not working. I have the base game(store bought) but downloaded Master Suite, Diesel, & Generations froms here. My problem started when I added Generations, after I had already downloaded the other 2 & did the ultimate fix. I added Gen. and just re-did the fix but then my game wouldnt launch at all. So i uninstalled everything and did exactly everything like the ultimate fix and it still popping up the same prob.. :/
...IDK if the problem is after installing the fixes...
Update: after posting this earlier I uninstalled everything again. Installed the base game, updated it since without the update Genrations wouldnt install, and installed Gen. only. Did the fix and the game still wont launch so apparently theres a prob with Gen & the fix or Gen. wont work with my Windows 8 even though I set Sims up to be comaptible with XP which had been working just fine with my other two SPs..
Hello,

Please open your own topic. That makes it easier for us to track progress. Thank you!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum