Problem with the stylist career

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with the stylist career

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 22:17

Hey guys!

First of all thanks a lot for the very quick upload of "Seasons", dear G4TW crew Very Happy
But now my problem is this: I'm in the stylist career, but since I installed Seasons I can't actually change the clothes anymore when I'm re-styling myself or a customer..
When you open up this "styling room" (or whatever this is called in English) you have 3 categories on the top left-hand corner: make-up, hair and clothing. If you click on one of these symbols, another window should pop up, showing you the actual hairstyles, clothing, etc. Although I can choose make-up and hairstyles, the clothing doesn't work: If I try to click on any category (like e.g. sleepwear or sports clothes) no window pops up, which means I can't change the clothes.

I have no mods, but a few CC's installed; most of them are hairstyles, clothing, and store updates though (in ".package"-format). I've already tried to remove this "Mods" folder - no change again. And it worked fine before I installed Seasons.

So if anyone has any ideas about what I could do, I'd be grateful Very Happy. But what I suspect is that this is again one of these bugs by EA, which means I'll probably have to wait for another patch..

See you!

//EDIT
This bug is a bit strange because if I buy a 'normal' drawer I can use it to change clothes; and if I use "testingcheatsenabled true" and "edit" my sim the same happens. I only get that problem when styling another sim or using this "Styling station" item Shocked

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14423

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with the stylist career

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 17 Nov 2012, 11:50

hello,

I suspect the same thing you do. Especially since you tried it without your CC's and the result was the same.
Unless someone has another suggestion, I suggest we assume it's something that needs to be patched.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tamaracatharina on Sun 25 Nov 2012, 16:59

i have the same problem, i can't change clothes in my styling career, HELP

tamaracatharina
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Natalya on Sun 25 Nov 2012, 17:07

tamaracatharina wrote:i have the same problem, i can't change clothes in my styling career, HELP

Same problem here. As Lady ElDi suggested, we should wait for a patch to fix the issue. It is seemingly a game glitch, not anything to do with CC or Mods.

Please take my poll for favorite Sims 3 creature : http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t6795-poll-favorite-sim-type#47880
And the poll for favorite Sims 3 Expansion and Stuff pack : http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t6796-poll-favorite-expansion-stuff-pack
Natalya
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, WWE 12, WWE 13, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Harry Potter games
Female Posts : 256

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top