Game won't start, crashes, will not update to 1.42 even with manual, ultimate fix is a no go. DETAILED POST, PLEASE HELP. [CLOSED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game won't start, crashes, will not update to 1.42 even with manual, ultimate fix is a no go. DETAILED POST, PLEASE HELP. [CLOSED]

Post by paigeakb on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 00:05

So I've been trying to get this stuff for a week now, sending email after email, with a less than satisfactory result. I'm passed the point of frustration but I'm still willing to get it to work.

First off you should know that I have searched for days on these forums and found nothing to match my exact problems so I'm assuming that I'm on a brain overload from all the potential fix information and I'm missing something, or it's an unusual problem. I have more than enough space on my computer, it's a 64 bit, no mods, no cc, and I've had the sims 3 on it before and it ran perfectly. Sadly I had to wipe my computer and I can't find my disc, nor did I register it. My bad -__-

So here I am, a year later and I stumble upon you guys via pirate bay. I downloaded the Sims 3 and that was only the start of my problems. First I was having installation issues, which I downloaded WinRAR because my usual program wasn't working. So I installed the game, mind you I read the installation guide and followed it down to the very letter. I FINALLY got it to install, it got passed the intro video and got to the loading screen and right when it got to the very end when the game should have started, it crashed. -__- then came an initialization error. (I have unistalled and reinstalled the game around 10 times and came across a number of these initialization errors so I cannot specifically remember which one but the most common one was (0x039e88474)) So I uninstalled and reinstalled, this time I did not use the shortcut thing from the "#crack" file, and still the same issue. So I uninstalled and reinstalled again and then this time, the intro video ran, skipped the loading page and went straight to a gray page with a picture of sunset valley with blue comic sans script and a blinking dark gray to lights gray box in the center. I clicked on the box, crash. (I tried to screen shot it but when I pasted it into paint it was just a black screen with two white lines, so please don't ask for one /Smile -.- This has happened twice now. So once again, unistall, reinstall, and then everytime after I started the game it would go to the loading screen (like the video intro was about to start) and it would crash.

So at this point everyone was telling me to download the fix, but I need to patch it first. OKAY! (Mind you, I did combinations of installing the fix, then trying the update, or trying the update and the fix and the outcome was the same every time.)
So I downloaded the fix and the manual patch, I tried to install the patch and what do you know, at the very end of the installation I get an "invalid file error" message. (Yes I downloaded the patch from 3 different browsers, still the same outcome for each one)

Kill. Me. Now.

I look through the forums for a few more hours and there were lots of different ways to get rid of this message, (I even tried to use the 1.38 patch just incase it was a bug with the 1.42, that came with the same result.) and looky here! Everyone says The Fix should fix that, hehe. Well it says I need to install another expansion, Supernatural was catching my eye Wink So I downloaded it, and I have to update my game to install it. -___- wut.

So the update window came up and froze, yay. So I force stopped it, restarted my computer, tried to install it again, and it still won't update. I tried doing the manual patch for 1.42 AGAIN, still wouldn't work.

I am COMPLETELY out of ideas, I even reinstalled the Sims 3 AAAAGAAAIN to have fresh files to work with if anyone gives me a good answer. (I also tried to launch it again, and the evil gray screen appeared once more.)

I just don't know what to do, I hope I provided enough information. I'm sorry if the answer is right in front of me, I've just had so many issues and tried so many fixes that maybe I saw something that could help, but it wasn't the problem at the moment. I'd really appreciate any kind of help, I just want to play this game Surprised I'm willing to be very flexible.

***** I've read every "how-to" installation guide, watched the video, read all the installation guides word for word, done them step by step.

EDIT: So I think I was getting that (0x039e88474) error because I had pasted the TSE application into the start disk game bin folder, so when I pasted it into the disk 1 game / bin folder and that's how I was getting the gray screen. I'm not sure if that helps, but yeah..

paigeakb
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game won't start, crashes, will not update to 1.42 even with manual, ultimate fix is a no go. DETAILED POST, PLEASE HELP. [CLOSED]

Post by ClairMH on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 01:11

I take it you don't use mods or CC in your game at all?

ClairMH
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game won't start, crashes, will not update to 1.42 even with manual, ultimate fix is a no go. DETAILED POST, PLEASE HELP. [CLOSED]

Post by paigeakb on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 01:11

No, I do not.

paigeakb
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClairMH on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 01:13

That can cause a lot of issues but we can rule that out for you.

Has it ever worked for you at all?

Last edited by ClairMH on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 01:17; edited 1 time in total

ClairMH
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paigeakb on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 01:16

It has not /: It's got to the loading / intro video thing at the beginning of the game you know? but it gets to that then crashes.

paigeakb
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClairMH on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 01:19

Right have you made sure your PC is able to run it and meets the minimum specs for the game?

And all your Drivers for your video card are up to date as well?

ClairMH
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paigeakb on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 01:23

I've mentioned all of this in the post, so if you could read it again I would appreciate it so we could get down to business rather than answering questions I've already answered you know? But yes, my computer can run everything and my drivers are fine as far as I know of. I've already ran the Sims 3 before.

paigeakb
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClairMH on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 01:26

Trust me going through these simple things one by one can work it out, when you got the games did you patch them first then try and update? Because if you did that could be your issue, try removing the patch then try updating your game. Some how the updates realize you have a patch and the main file has been altered and refuses to update your game.

ClairMH
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paigeakb on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 01:47

Doesn't the manual patch update it? Patch 1.42 is the new update.

paigeakb
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClairMH on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 01:55

If you have the patch installed before you update it will not update will go so far through then tell you you have an invalid file and will terminate the installation, to be honest I do mine a slightly different way than using the patch after I had this issue on the one and only time I did. The way I do it I can auto update readd the NoCD mod and play simple as.

Did you keep a copy of the files you need to replace for the patch?

ClairMH
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paigeakb on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 01:58

I reinstalled the game so I have fresh files to work with. Gray screen. The 1.42 patch / update, will not work. Either way, it won't work. Why don't you link to me what update you speak of to see if we;'re on the same page.

paigeakb
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClairMH on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 02:03

The way I do mine is via my game launcher, keep an eye on the sims3 forums and when a new update is announced I move my mods folder out, auto update my game, then readd my mods removing any that may cause issues until they are updated for the current patch and play.

The reason it will not update is because as you said in your post you have applied the patch to your game, you need to remove the patch completely then try updating it.

ClairMH
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paigeakb on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 02:11

The reason why I used the manual update is because the auto update wasn't working. Meaning, my game launcher wouldn't refresh either and it wouldn't work via origin. As I just said, I just tried to update it because the manual patch IS the update, and it still didn't work. I also said in my post that I have tried multiple combinations of patching, using The Fix, not patching, etc. I've already been looking through the forums for a week now.

paigeakb
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClairMH on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 02:21

Right, you know the two files in the patch think its the TS3W.exe and something else with a name like it, Before adding them did you remember to make a back up copy of the original uncracked ones?

ClairMH
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paigeakb on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 02:25

I don't need to, I have the zipped files and I'll just re unzip them if I need copies. What does that have to do with my problem?

paigeakb
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClairMH on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 02:27

Replace them files then try and update your game using your launcher.

ClairMH
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paigeakb on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 02:33

I've already tried using the files from the #Crack folder, as I've said in my thread, it didn't work. I've also tried using the fix without the expansions (Because I can't use the Fix without installing the expansions, which I can't do because I can't install it because it won't update) and it didn't work, clearly. I just said that my game launcher doesn't work. If you're going to tell me to do the things that I've obviously just said don't work, then please don't bother.

paigeakb
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClairMH on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 02:41

What you need to do is basically uncrack your game before updating you need to remove the files which were copied and pasted from that crack folder with untouched ie NOT CRACKED files then try the update.

As long as you have the cracked files in your game you can not update it, it will give you some stupid error as it can tell the files have been altered and it will not update your game.

ClairMH
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paigeakb on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 02:46

the only crack is the game launching icon, without it I couldn't start the game in the first place. I've tried to update the game without putting the launch icon in the game/bin, like I already said.

paigeakb
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClairMH on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 03:03

This may sound like a silly question but when you did the reinstall, did you patch each SP and EP as you installed it or not?

ClairMH
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paigeakb on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 03:06

I did nothing to the files. It said nothing about that in the installation guide.

//EDIT

I did nothing to the files. I followed the installation guide and it said nothing about that.

paigeakb
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClairMH on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 03:14

No that's good because as soon as you install any crack it alters games files which need to remain untouched to be able to update, but I also know you need the crack to be added to play the game.

What's getting me is why it is loading so far then crashing, there can be a few underlaying causes some of which we have covered others take time to work out and from the sounds of it you are about to give up on Sims 3 totally which would be a shame.

Do you run several other programs in the background while you play sims 3 or not?

ClairMH
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paigeakb on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 03:24

It's not just the fact that it's loading and crashing, it won't update either! ugh! I really don't want to, but it's getting to be that way. I just wish Admin wasn't so busy with seasons issues. I do not, just the sims alone.

paigeakb
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ClairMH on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 03:35

KK so it's not a lack of memory issue causing the crash then or a conflict with another program, I know it's frustrating for you but really am trying to help you out here though it may seem more annoying for you, as sometimes going back over things step by step can make you realise something simple you did or didn't do and it will correct the mistake Smile

Sims 3 has to be one of the most buggiest and annoying games on the planet yet there are so many of us addicted to it, which doesn't help when your pc decides to be tempremental and throw a spanner into the works and not run it at all for you.

If I were you I would try removing them all and then installing one at a time then trying each one out individually to see if any of the ep's or stuff packs maybe the cause of my issues. I know it's time consuming and frustrating but at least that way you would know once and for all.

ClairMH
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paigeakb on Sun 18 Nov 2012, 03:39

I know what you mean! Sorry if I come off rude, it's been very frustrating. I've already removed it (I only have the base game and supernatural - but I can't install super natural because I need to update my game to play it, but I can't.) and re installed 12 different times now.

paigeakb
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum