Sims 3 Seasons Taking Forever To Load?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sims 3 Seasons Taking Forever To Load?

Post by hexorcist on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 03:59

@ChYkN wrote:Ok I looked through the folder and found 5 files that had "cache" in them, and I deleted them all. I started the game again but it still was loading after a hour of waiting... any other ideas?

I wouldn't expect it to make too much of a difference, but you can try deleting the Thumbnails cache (same location as previous, except you go into the Thumbnails folder - you can delete all files in that folder) and you can also try the WorldCaches in the WorldCaches folder (if you don't have this folder don't worry about it, you only get it if you have certain things installed).

If it were me on my machine I'd watch what it's doing in Procmon to see if I can figure out what the holdup is, but if you don't have experience with Procmon it might be a bit confusing or it may give false impressions.

hexorcist
Posting Master
Posting Master

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChYkN on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 05:02

@hexorcist wrote:
@ChYkN wrote:Ok I looked through the folder and found 5 files that had "cache" in them, and I deleted them all. I started the game again but it still was loading after a hour of waiting... any other ideas?

I wouldn't expect it to make too much of a difference, but you can try deleting the Thumbnails cache (same location as previous, except you go into the Thumbnails folder - you can delete all files in that folder) and you can also try the WorldCaches in the WorldCaches folder (if you don't have this folder don't worry about it, you only get it if you have certain things installed).

If it were me on my machine I'd watch what it's doing in Procmon to see if I can figure out what the holdup is, but if you don't have experience with Procmon it might be a bit confusing or it may give false impressions.

I looked in the thumbnail and worldcaches folders, but the files in there didnt have cache in the name, they were just package files. Are those the files you are talking about? And yeah I have no experience with procmon, I don't even know what it is lol. Last time I was waiting for the game to load though like in the middle of it I swear I heard that noise that occurs when a opportunity pops up and it like stops time and everything, could have just been me but idk it could mean something lol. The loading screen still went on normally with the tips and background music continuing though.

ChYkN
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 11:43

Hello,

Yes they are packages, and you can safely delete them. The game will generate new ones.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by maegalcarwen on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 14:27

I tried deleting the thumbnails and cache files, and all other saved games, but it didn't help anything. At 1/4th of the loading bar I can hear the "play sounds", so it looks like a freeze on the loading screen or something. Any ideas?

maegalcarwen
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by koiikoii on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 15:55

im sorry but i cant find the topic that my problem is. uhm here it is.

i installed the sims 3 seasons, and when i open it it says please insert the disc of sims 3 seasons to continue.. how do i fix this? if it can be fixed >< i did not buy the CD but i downloaded it from here.. please helpp..

koiikoii
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 04 Dec 2012, 09:19

@koiikoii wrote:im sorry but i cant find the topic that my problem is. uhm here it is.

i installed the sims 3 seasons, and when i open it it says please insert the disc of sims 3 seasons to continue.. how do i fix this? if it can be fixed >< i did not buy the CD but i downloaded it from here.. please helpp..

Hello,

That simply means you forgot to copy the crack.
For future reference, we prefer it if everyone opens their own topic. That makes it easier for us to keep track of everything that's going on.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum