Base Game is incompatible with EP?!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Base Game is incompatible with EP?!?

Post by DaisyBuchanan on Fri 23 Nov 2012, 07:29

Hello, This is my first ever post here, and I have been doing lots of searching and problem-solving, but I thought maybe some more specific help was necessary. Let me start at the beginning. And by the way, I am working on a MacBook Pro.

The other day I downloaded the Sims 3 Seasons torrent from G4TW. All of my downloads have come from G4TW. I will be the first to admit that I am not really very skilled at computer programming and such, but I have figured out how to download torrents and make the games work. Mostly through trial and error, but also by following this forum. Thank you for these forums, they are a godsend.

After downloading seasons, using stuffit expander, and creating the dmg, all like I've done before, the game would not work. I kept getting this error:

Unable to start game
Service initialization failed (0x039e8474).

I found a thread in which this same error was being addressed, but my situation differed slightly in that my base game and four of my EP's are purchased EA DVD-ROM MAC/PC versions of the game. The others were downloaded from G4TW torrents via TPB. I got frustrated because no matter what I did, I couldn't make the game work. So I used an Amazon gift card I've been saving for a rainy day to purchase the Sims 3 Seasons DVD-ROM. (It comes tomorrow, but I have a feeling it won't solve my issue.)

Yesterday, I tried to open the Sims 3 Supernatural, and I got this message:

Error: Your Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your game via the game launcher.

I have a feeling the only way to solve this is to uninstall everything and start over. I think that by deleting seasons after I attempted to install I messed with something that is now causing errors... Am I on the right track? Or is there a way to solve this issue?

By the way. I have installed both the manual update, the sims 3 update from the Launcher and the Ultimate Fix, and I'm still seeing this error every time I open the game... Help?!?

DaisyBuchanan
Beginner
Beginner

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Base Game is incompatible with EP?!?

Post by DaisyBuchanan on Fri 30 Nov 2012, 17:36

I'm not sure what my issue was, but I uninstalled everything and was able to reinstall. I have not had time to reinstall the downloaded content. I think that by uninstalling downloaded content I did damage to some files... or something. I hate starting over, but c'est la vie.

DaisyBuchanan
Beginner
Beginner

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 00:31

Hey! Did you fix your problem?
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Favourite games : Sims 3
Male Posts : 202

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum