Issue with downloaded sims? They appear differently in CAS please help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issue with downloaded sims? They appear differently in CAS please help!

Post by noepsee on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 03:57

Everytime i go to download some sims off the sims 3 exchange, i always get about 60% of the sims i download either don't show up in game or they will all have the same hair style and the same face (most of them do that). Here is an example of what i am talking about.

See how a lot of the sims in those pictures have the same thumbnail pretty much? Thats not what they are supposed to look like. So i decided to test this out on a sim that i knew was one of the sims that gives me these issues. For this test i uninstalled all mods, custom content, aside from lots and households, and i deleted all saved sims. Also this sim that i did the test on had no extra content that i needed to have installed.

This is what the sim is supposed to look like.

As you can see she has the correct thumbnail in the installed content section.

However in CAS she looks like the sim that is always giving me these problems.

I noticed that when i changed her hair style that i turned to the correct color, and then when i undid this change it stayed the same excat color.

I really really need this problem fixed. It annoys me when i come accross a sim i want downloaded, and then find out that this sim looks like this piticular sim. I also wanted to mention that it is not from the person i am downloading off of from the exchange. I thought maybe it was, but there is a few people i download a ton of sims from, and i get mixed results. Sometimes the sim i download from the user works and other times i get the sim as shown above.

noepsee
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Issue with downloaded sims? They appear differently in CAS please help!

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 11:59

Hello,

The use of cc and sliders in CAS to create those sims might be why they don't show up right, if you don't have the same cc/sliders installed, they won't show up as you expected.
It's the same with, for example a house that was built using stuff from "High end Loft stuff" and you don't have that stuffpack. The objects will be replaced with proxies.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Issue with downloaded sims? They appear differently in CAS please help!

Post by invalidusername on Thu 29 Nov 2012, 22:15

The sims may not have cc involved with them, but stuff from other expansions that you don't have. However, to me, that dress, hair, and eye makeup all look like cc. Generally an uploader will put down where they got their cc, or if it's unavailable, or if it's included, but not everybody does that. Also, if a sim requires store objects, you'll have to put those on it if you're downloading the ones from our mediafire account. They're counted as an entirely different object once they're decrapified and made ready to use with a cracked game.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum