Several problems that seem to be all centered around the not-being-able-to-update

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Several problems that seem to be all centered around the not-being-able-to-update

Post by iamthewalrus on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 20:19

Hi guys,

I used to have the sims 3 on my macbook pro about a year ago, and with the downloads from this site, I had no problem installing or updating the game and its expansions or even playing the game itself.
Then I had to wipe the entire computer clean because of problems with Mountain Lion.
Now I'm trying to install the sims 3 and all the expansions...AGAIN. (the first time I was installing the games, I could only install up to Pets and then the installer gave me flack about the sims 3 not being updatable and/or compatible with the Master Suite Stuff and the newer expansions- o__0;)
I was thinking "okay, I probably didn't do the update or the crack or something right, let me manually uninstall and start over with a really careful eye on what the heck is going on."
Now I'm currently working on patching the base game up to the point where I won't get the incompatible message and I won't get any other error messages involving compatibility or updating the game.
I'm getting a problem with updating the game via the "update" button in the launcher, "no downloadable patches available", then I tried doing the ultimate fix to see if it would fix that problem or at least let me update to the point where I can install all expansions with no problems... Nope.
Then I tried using the "NOT RECOMMENDED FOR MAC" patch fix to see if that would help out in some weird way. I can load up the ipatcher, but when it asks for me to find the Sims3.app in the finder window, ipatcher crashes every time.

Can someone who's patient and/or savvy enough help me out and walk me through the procedure and troubleshooting process of fixing everything? I'd like to be able to play one of my favorite game series when I'm not being a geeky bio major in college. Razz I'd greatly and graciously appreciate any suggestions or help anyone offers. Smile

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Several problems that seem to be all centered around the not-being-able-to-update

Post by TCPCohen on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 00:30

Hello!

So... Did you get the super patch from here? Do you have all the EPs installed?
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Favourite games : Sims 3
Male Posts : 202

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Several problems that seem to be all centered around the not-being-able-to-update

Post by iamthewalrus on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 01:20

I uninstalled twice today.
The first time that I tried to reinstall, the sims 3 launcher and installer would NOT let me install past Pets. It would let me install Generations and anything earlier but not the newer EPs and/or SPs. I tried installing the super patch, but it kept crashing whenever I tried to open it.

I was thinking that it may be a problem with the base game, since people have said that the base game torrent that you can get from here doesn't work properly on mac. But I got a different torrent that had the sims3.app file in it, and I put it into my applications folder, and it opened up with the option for me to update (which I took as a good sign), but it would install the update patches for a few minutes before crashing, saying that "an error has occurred while updating." I tried to install World Adventures then, but it kept throwing me error messages about how I needed to pick a volume with the sims 3 installed. So I uninstalled that particular torrent and files.

So if the base game file from here is wonky, and another torrent is also wonky, where the heck do I find one that's not going to be telling me to update while I can't update or install new EPs?

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 01:30

Ok. I've got some questions:

Where did you get the base game from? Can you give me the link?
What about the expansions? Did you download them from here?
And the super patch? Is the 1.42 version that they have here or is it another version?

I won't let you install Pets or the newest because you have to update the base game to the final versions, which is the 1.42 (that I don't recommend you because is giving us Mac users a lot of problems), so it's better if you keep the base game updated till 1.39.
You won't be able to install Seasons having that versions, but I think you can live with that, right? Smile
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamthewalrus on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 01:38

Here are the links that I've been trying out:
Obviously, I tried out the torrent that is provided on the downloads section on this site, so I don't think it's all that necessary to post that link. Razz

This is the other link that I tried: http: http://thepiratebay.se /torrent/ 5061019/ The_Sims_3_(Mac__cracked
This didn't work right for me either, but it DID give me the option to update- even though the updating would crash.

http: // thepiratebay.se/ torrent/ 5022393 /The_Sims_3_-_Razor1911_Final_MAXSPEED
this is the one that I'm currently downloading now, just to see if there'll be any difference. -__-'

But yes, I just really want to play whatever EPs I can get updated to, you know? I don't need seasons that much right now, but I'd like to play Supernatural, or if that doesn't work, Showtime.
And I did try the 1.42 update, and that's the one that keeps crashing on me. But I noticed that you mention "1.39", how and where do I find and install that and have it WORK (hopefully)?

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamthewalrus on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 01:39

Forgot to answer your question about the expansion packs. Oops. lol, I downloaded them from here.

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 01:55

All right!

First of all, you're doing right. That's the version which works perfectly on Mac. The Razor version.
There was the Reloaded that us, Mac users, had to convert in to Razor version, and that was impossible to do without getting any problem.
I was going to give that Razor link but you were faster. Wink
When I started playing Sims 3, I had that other version you posted, the "cracked" one and it was fine. Not a single crash, BUT it wasn't updatable as you can read on the description of that file.

So... Second of all, the updating thing: If you don't mind not having Seasons installed, then I suggest you to keep the base game updated till 1.39. You can get the patch for that version here: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/sims3/patch/46055.html
Also, you will need the cracks for this version too which you find in here: mediafire.com ?tdnny39ej6q05kh

And finally: Perfect! All the games they have here are great. I assume you unzip them using Stuffit Expander and did that .dmg thing as well.

If you need more help, just let me know. I'm helping this user here too, and gave her the steps I did for a proper installation. Maybe it will help you too: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t8672-the-sims-3-has-unexpectedly-quit

Good luck and let me know how it goes! Smile

Uhm, and by the way... I'm sorry for my English! I hope is understandable enough.

Last edited by TCPCohen on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 01:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to say one last thing)
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamthewalrus on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 02:02

Okay, good to know that I'm on the right track! Very Happy And maybe it's just my computer that's throwing, as I like to call it, "a bitch fit". But let's see if the patcher will LET me patch the game without randomly crashing every time that I try to select "sims 3.app" from the applications where it's supposed to update. -__-

I'll let you know if there's any more problems, which I am kind of mentally prepared for, given the problems I've been having the last day and a half now. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

But thank you for your help, I really appreciate it, and I'll definitely let you know what's happening when the razor download FINALLY finishing downloading (it's raining here and so, my internet is a little slower than the SUPERSONIC-SPEED it usually is. *shrugs* what can you do? lol)

And since I can't do seasons anyway, I'm going to go ahead and delete that torrent and dmg.file I created of sims 3 Seasons so I have more space on my macbook.

By the way, don't worry about your English, I understand you perfectly. Smile

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 02:08

Maybe we can play seasons when EA fixes those bugs that 1.42 version has. Because crashes are happening only to us Mac users.

Perhaps you can't open the patch because it was corrupted when you unzip. Who knows! Download that one I gave you and unzip it using Stuffit, you'll see it works fine then. Smile

Have a good night! (It's 1.08am here in Spain)
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamthewalrus on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 05:40

Now I've got the sims 3 base game installed, and it patched to 1.22, but now when I try to open the launcher, it gives me basically a message that looks like this: "error 000000000_x00000000 etc, do you wish to debug?"

I got an error also when I tried to open the launcher after installing world adventures, so I uninstalled that. So what is going on now? Especially since the patches you sent me seem to get corrupted SOMEHOW when I open them (unirar, zip utility, stuffit expander- all yield the same crashing results.)

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 06:27

Please tell me you didn't upload the base game via the launcher. Sad
The error it gives is because you don't have the crack for it. After you install the game, you have to update it to the latest version (for us, 1.39) and then install all the expansions you want and after that, put the crack on the bin folder.

I'm going to upload my 1.39 patcher to mediafire, my Dropbox or something tomorrow morning (in a few hours when I get up) and I'll send you the link so you can download mine.
Now, uninstall the base game and wait until you have the cumulative patcher.

See you in a while! Sleep
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamthewalrus on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 09:07

Oh okay. I thought I had done something wrong. Oops. Hopefully this will be fixable. I uninstalled it with the uninstaller, and just left the original torrent alone. I know now to use the 1.39 patcher first, *even though it's really looking like it's impossible for me to NOT have corrupted files of patches WhatDidUJustCallMe? I'm going to see if my mountain lion installation got corrupted somehow because it keeps throwing me BAD_ACCESS errors when things like Google Chrome and Ipatcher crashes.*

But I'll wait on installing sims 3 AGAIN until you get back tomorrow. Smile I really appreciate your help, and I apologize for my mistakes.

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 15:02

I don't think is Mountain Lion because I have it too and it never has given me any troubles with that.
I'm uploading the super patch to Dropbox now and it will take a while, so I'll get back to you when it's done. Hope you don't mind waiting for it.

Do NOT worry about your mistakes. I had them when I started playing this as well. Wink
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamthewalrus on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 18:19

I didn't really think it was Mountain Lion either, but I'm just getting really frustrated with Google Chrome and Ipatcher crashing randomly, due to "BAD_ACCESS" errors. I mean, this is a new install of ML, there shouldn't be any errors. But anyway, I think something got borked in my Preferences files or something like that. Hopefully we can find a way to dance around that problem with the Ipatcher. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Anyway, take your time. Smile

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 20:51

TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamthewalrus on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 22:06

Okay, I just installed the razor version of sims 3, I open up the file you sent me now, correct?

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 22:08

Yes, inside that zip there is the 1.39 super patcher.
Update the base game using that, install all the expansions you want, update the base game again and then put the crack into the base game "bin" folder.
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamthewalrus on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 23:43

AHA!
I figured out what was giving me all the flack and trouble about the ipatcher being a "Bad_access" error. I got that fixed, and now it is patching! Very Happy

After it finishes patching, I do all expansion packs except for Seasons, right?

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 23:45

What was wrong then? Did mine work?

Yes, install the expansions and when you finish, patch the base game again. Don't ask me why and just do it. Very Happy
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamthewalrus on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 23:50

Basically, it was a memory file that got corrupted into being read-only instead of accessible, I reset the permissions and reset the PRAM as well and it works now! Very Happy

Okay, I'll do what you're telling me to do. Smile

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 23:52

Awesome! I'm glad about it. Let me know how it goes when you finish all the installation hell, I mean... Process!
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamthewalrus on Sun 02 Dec 2012, 23:56

So after the installation hell, do I use the launcher's update or the patcher that you sent me?

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 00:00

Never use the launcher to update the game, NEVER. Because if you do, it will update the game to the latest version which is 1.42, and we don't want that one yet. Wink
So use the patcher I gave you. After installing everything, that patcher will fix any trouble it may have.
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamthewalrus on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 00:10

okay. got it. Smile ugh, hate how the .dmgs take up so much space. That's kind of annoying. Oh well.

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 00:11

I know, right? And you only use one file from them: The installer. The rest are things for PC. Very Happy
By the way, I don't know if you checked your Private Messages box but I sent you one a few hours ago.
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum