Several problems that seem to be all centered around the not-being-able-to-update

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Several problems that seem to be all centered around the not-being-able-to-update

Post by iamthewalrus on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 00:10

okay. got it. Smile ugh, hate how the .dmgs take up so much space. That's kind of annoying. Oh well.

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Several problems that seem to be all centered around the not-being-able-to-update

Post by TCPCohen on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 00:11

I know, right? And you only use one file from them: The installer. The rest are things for PC. Very Happy
By the way, I don't know if you checked your Private Messages box but I sent you one a few hours ago.

TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamthewalrus on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 00:13

so technically I could delete the PC only things in the dmg? or would that mess up the files?

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 00:15

I left them there just in case. But I think we don't need those really. The .exe files and stuff.
And regarding the .dmg, what size are you using?
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Favourite games : Sims 3
Male Posts : 202

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamthewalrus on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 07:33

And now that I did everything, it's all installed and patched (1.39) and I applied the fix files into the correct place, it's giving me the "No Disc Found" message now. What do I need to do to fix that?

Never mind! I figured it out, and now it boots! Smile I DO get that message about the unofficial modification to the game, but it's not making the game crash. Smile

AND NOW: it crashes while trying to load up a town. WhatDidUJustCallMe? I may try it again later after a fresh reboot of my computer. Hopefully that'll sort it.

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 09:20

The disk thing is because you didn't put the crack into the base game folder. Remember to do that after you install an expansion or update the game with the patcher.

The unofficial blah blah blah, where are you putting the crack? And which crack is it? Did you get them from the Mediafire link I gave you?

And it's so not supposed to crash. Do you know how to install a mod? Because you can use the one I have, it fixes every lag in the game.
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamthewalrus on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 10:17

The crack is supposed to go into the base game's bin, correct? The place that is in the sims 3/contents/resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program files/Electronic arts/the Sims 3/Game/Bin ?

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 10:22

Exactly. You have to save the ones that are already inside changing them the extension. Put something like .exe.bkp and .dll.bkp
On the launcher, disable the automatic updates too. I'm going to turn on my computer so I can give you the overwatch mod
TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iamthewalrus on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 10:28

And yes, I do know how do to do mods.

iamthewalrus
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TCPCohen on Mon 03 Dec 2012, 10:30

TCPCohen
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum