Is this good enough?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this good enough?

Post by Mera on Tue 04 Dec 2012, 16:24

Hello. I'm getting a new laptop but I'm not sure if Sims 3 will be playable. I wanna install all EPs+ all SPs except KPST.
I couldn't find any english details about this laptop (or notebook?) but it's model is Asus X43SD.
As I've read here, GeForce GT 610M DDR3 isn't such a great idea for The Sims 3. Wat. Anyone played with this video card? Question
Mera
VIP
VIP

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 237

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this good enough?

Post by Aɾყα on Tue 04 Dec 2012, 17:20

Hello,

I think you should be able to play all EP/SP's on it. That graphicscard isn't supported according to that simswiki page, but it looks like it is on this list of cards that have been confirmed working by sims players. It is in blue though, which means it definitely works with the base game, but not definitely with the EP's.

having said that, this wikipage lists my card as supported with the base game, but none of the EP's, only 2 packs get a "maybe", still it works fine on medium settings. I can run the game on the highest settings and I do if I want screenshots, but it's too much to actually play on those settings.
Is it at all possible that you replace the card or have it replaced by one that is confirmed working with all EP's? That is, if it doesn't work. You may want to take your chances with this card.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mera on Tue 04 Dec 2012, 19:15

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

I think you should be able to play all EP/SP's on it. That graphicscard isn't supported according to that simswiki page, but it looks like it is on this list of cards that have been confirmed working by sims players. It is in blue though, which means it definitely works with the base game, but not definitely with the EP's.

having said that, this wikipage lists my card as supported with the base game, but none of the EP's, only 2 packs get a "maybe", still it works fine on medium settings. I can run the game on the highest settings and I do if I want screenshots, but it's too much to actually play on those settings.
Is it at all possible that you replace the card or have it replaced by one that is confirmed working with all EP's? That is, if it doesn't work. You may want to take your chances with this card.
Thank you so much for the big help. Then I think i'm going to buy that one cause it one of the three options. If I could, I'd pick a nicer one but not with USD's current price in Iran. Sad Thanks again.

//EDIT

How about this one? Asus X43SD: http://www.pemmz.com/asus-x43sd-vx567v.html
Mera
VIP
VIP

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 237

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Thu 07 Feb 2013, 22:28

Hello there,

I didn't look into it very closely, but it looks like a neat laptop.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Fri 08 Feb 2013, 00:41

I've heard nothing but good things about Asus laptops. I guess they have fantastic customer service, even though it's not needed much. XD
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum