A list of free games to play when you get mad at Call of Duty.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A list of free games to play when you get mad at Call of Duty.

Post by m4dm4n on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 01:31

Wow, holy hell, I haven't been here in ages! It's good to be back here once again, and once again I have some fun stuff for you all. I hope you enjoy the show! jocolor

Now, I've gotten irritated with Counter Strike once again with cheaters, and Call of Duty for some bugs that still haven't been fixed yet. Here is a list of games I play when I get irritated:

First, my favorite so far has to be:

Nexuiz Classic(ver. 2.5.2)

Ok, the premise of Nexuiz Classic (now known as the Classic version) is to be a good looking, fast paced first person shooter similar in play to Unreal Tournament and Quake III: Arena. Trick jumps, bunnyhopping, rocket jumping, lots of gibs, tons of custom maps and game play options make this my favorite of any free games. This game is built using the DarkPlaces engine, a heavily modified Quake engine, resulting in a badass combination of physics, lighting, and a somewhat familiar feel. You have weapons ranging from the famous rocket launcher to a laser gun that can shoot through certain kinds of walls and 11 more awesome weapons that vary in effects and damage (think Quake and Unreal Tournament here).

Scores:

Graphics: 8
Replay Value: 9
Fun Factor: 10

Check the vid:

^sorry about the low quality.

Download Nexuiz Classic 2.5.2 for Windows, Mac, and Linux here.

*note* This is known as the classic version since Nexuiz has been ported to consoles and sold via Xbox Live and PSN. In my opinion, this is the better version. This caused a split in the original dev team, the split off became known as Xonotic, which is currently in the beta phase and looking extremely good. Test Xonotic at your own risk, taking in to account the likely possibility of bugs and random crashes of the game (I experience sound cut outs every so often).

Last edited by m4dm4n on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 03:03; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added info about the source fork known as Xonotic)
m4dm4n
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Red Eclipse, Nexuiz, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Regnum Online: Warmasters
Male Posts : 130

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Game #2: Urban Terror 4.1.1

Post by m4dm4n on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 01:32

If Quake/Unreal Tournament isn't doing it for you at the moment, try Urban Terror. This is by far my favorite team based game out there for free. It is a Counter Terrorists vs Terrorists style game. The makers behind the game call it "a realism based, yet fun first person shooter" or "Hollywood Tactical Shooter". Realism may be stretching it a bit, but it definitely captures the fun factor perfectly. This game combines trick jumps, wall jumping, climbing just about anything, real-ish weapons, and awesome maps for team vs team awesomeness. Sure, you can play team deathmatch, but you also have free for all, capture the flag, bomb & defuse, capture & hold, and follow the leader. Follow the leader is the only mode I haven't played yet, since no one hosts a server for it during the week. Basic gameplay has certain restrictions similar to Counter Strike, such as limited weapons carrying where you are limited to 1 primary weapon, 1 secondary weapon, 1 pistol, and an option to carry ammo, armor, grenades, med packs (to heal yourself or teammates), laser attachments for rifles, silencers, and so on, much like Call of Duty and other shooters. The damage system is a bit unique in that if you are shot and start to bleed, you have to bandage the wounds or you will continue to limp and bleed to death. You also have a stamina meter usually used for sprinting and jumping, which refills when you stop jumping or sprinting. It's pretty cool in that aspect to get all of this in a free AND open source game, based off Quake 3: Arena source code. Be on the lookout for 4.2 to release soon, it looks a bit better.

Scores:
Graphics: 6 (not the best out there, but hell, its fun!)
Replay Value: 9
Fun Factor: 9

Check the vid:

^If you don't like the music, just turn down the volume, else just crank it to 11!

Download Urban Terror 4.1.1 for Windows, Mac, and Linux here.

Last edited by m4dm4n on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 02:01; edited 1 time in total
m4dm4n
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Red Eclipse, Nexuiz, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Regnum Online: Warmasters

View user profile

Back to top Go down

#3: Red Eclipse 1.0

Red Eclipse is one of the strangest games I've ever played, being that it successfully combines the Unreal Tournament and Tribes series of games into one really awesome, brutal, and fast paced game, with a hint of the classic movie Tron. You have options to use jetpacks, play arena style (2 weapons chosen at the start of the match), deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag, insta-gib, basically every game mode that makes first person shooters tons of fun. The weapons include a pistol, energy sniper rifle, plasma rifle, grenades, shotguns, flamethrowers, swords, rocket launchers, sub-machine guns, and maybe a few more that I can't remember off hand at the moment. What is unique to only a few games today is the inclusion of a live map editor (and it works in multiplayer too, if enabled on the server) that takes your from editing to playing with 1 keystroke. The focus of this game is to combine trick jumping, wall running, double jumps, and the optional jetpack, to kill enemies and evade death in style (no points scored for ridiculous tricks, sorry, but it makes trash talking a lot more fun) while looking good and spreading gibs all over the maps. If you ever wanted to get into making maps but were never one to try to learn overly complicated editors, this one is for you. If you like mercilessly leading your team to destroy your opponents, this game is for you. If you like Barbies and hate playing FPS styled games, you need not apply. This game is fully open source, using the Cube2 engine.

Scores:
Graphics: 8
Replay Value: 8.5
Fun Factor: 9

Check the vid:

^for anyone who is about to ask, the song is called "Red Eclipse Theme" by xJoJox

Download Red Eclipse 1.0 for Windows, Mac, and Linux here.

Last edited by m4dm4n on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 03:19; edited 2 times in total
m4dm4n
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

#4: Postal 2: Share the Pain

There have been a lot of bad things said about Postal 2 when it was released in 2003, from being a game that incites violence to even being taken to supreme court (in the USA) and banned in many countries in the world. Come on, this is the ONLY game, that I know of, where you can piss on people! Yes, read that again, you CAN PISS ON PEOPLE! It may not appeal to you, but it can cause rage quits when you pee on a dead enemy while they wait to re-spawn. Also, Gary Coleman is in it as well, which is pretty cool. It includes all the basic weapons one would expect from a first person shooter: assault rifle, shotgun, pistols, grenades, rocket launchers, and molotovs, but you also have some unique weapons and weapon accessories, such as the cat silencer (yes, you shove a cat on the end of your barrel and fire away), a gas can to dowse enemies with gas and light them ablaze with matches (perfect for traps, too), the anthrax cow head, and a taser. It plays like any generic "realistic" shooter with no low gravity and no energy based weapons. Postal 2: Share the Pain is a straight forward, albeit disgusting (to some), shooter that can eat away free time like any other game listed above.

Scores:
Graphics: 4 (no widescreen, below average Unreal Tournament 99 graphics)
Replay Value: 7
Fun Factor: 8

Check the vid:

^Yes, that is a ballsack, his name is Krotchy, the mascot of Postal 2.

Download Postal 2: Share the Pain free multiplayer for Windows, Mac, and Linux here.

Last edited by m4dm4n on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 03:13; edited 2 times in total
m4dm4n
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A list of free games to play when you get mad at Call of Duty.

Post by m4dm4n on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 03:08

If anyone wants to play, let me know and I'll send you the server name I will be playing on, or I will host if needed. I either go by etrnldrk or m4dm4n.

I currently can be found on Nexuiz, Red Eclipse, and Urban Terror pretty regularly, with Postal 2: Share the Pain reserved mainly for LAN parties or weekend boredom killing after a long week. Let me know if there is something out there that I have missed in the free game world that is a lot of fun.

I hope you all enjoy! What a Face
m4dm4n
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:18

Hi there m4dm4n,

We certainly missed you here. I was reading your guide about the iPod Video (5g?) like a few weeks ago. And I thought; where the hell did m4dm4n go?!
Well, here you are. ^^

The Postal 2 sounds very awesome and the video is looking good to me. I'm downloading it now. If it's any good, we'll certainly play a round together.
About Red Eclipse; if I understand you correctly... it's possible to easily create your own game map...?

Welcome back!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by m4dm4n on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 14:38

Admin wrote:Hi there m4dm4n,

We certainly missed you here. I was reading your guide about the iPod Video (5g?) like a few weeks ago. And I thought; where the hell did m4dm4n go?!
Well, here you are. ^^

The Postal 2 sounds very awesome and the video is looking good to me. I'm downloading it now. If it's any good, we'll certainly play a round together.
About Red Eclipse; if I understand you correctly... it's possible to easily create your own game map...?

Welcome back!

Sorry I hadn't been here for a long while, I've had a few things that needed to be taken care of, we moved in with my wife's parents when her dad lost his job and we are helping them pay their bills in exchange for a free place to live. Actually, I finally caught Narong30 on Google Talk a few days ago and now I'm back.

Postal 2 is just a teaser for Postal 3, which is supposed to finally come out in May. I'm sure you'll either love it or hate it when you start playing.

And for Red Eclipse, you are absolutely right about the map maker. It's pretty simple (I'm still learning the ins and outs of it at the moment) and it was a design it took from Cube 2 (from which Red Eclipse is based) and improved it. I believe there are something like 20 maps included with the game, and about 80 custom maps loaded in the multiplayer servers as of last Friday. As for controls (in the editor), they are pretty simple, but if you don't feel like messing around to learn them for 20 minutes, just print this off. In the next few weeks/months, I will be adding guides on the Red Eclipse wiki at Source Forge. If you really like it, we could get in and create Games4theWorld exclusive custom maps and host them here on my machine as a private Games4theWorld only server (which I could do on any of these games if needed).

I'm getting 2 more LAN rigs for when friends visit, mainly so I can use my quad core, 8GB beast to host the servers for us to play on.

And last but not least, it's good to be back!
m4dm4n
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 16:25

@m4dm4n wrote:
Admin wrote:Hi there m4dm4n,

Well, here you are. ^^

Welcome back!

Sorry I hadn't been here for a long while, I've had a few things that needed to be taken care of, we moved in with my wife's parents when her dad lost his job and we are helping them pay their bills in exchange for a free place to live. Actually, I finally caught Narong30 on Google Talk a few days ago and now I'm back.

Postal 2 is just a teaser for Postal 3, which is supposed to finally come out in May. I'm sure you'll either love it or hate it when you start playing.

And for Red Eclipse, you are absolutely right about the map maker. It's pretty simple (I'm still learning the ins and outs of it at the moment) and it was a design it took from Cube 2 (from which Red Eclipse is based) and improved it. I believe there are something like 20 maps included with the game, and about 80 custom maps loaded in the multiplayer servers as of last Friday. As for controls (in the editor), they are pretty simple, but if you don't feel like messing around to learn them for 20 minutes, just print this off. In the next few weeks/months, I will be adding guides on the Red Eclipse wiki at Source Forge. If you really like it, we could get in and create Games4theWorld exclusive custom maps and host them here on my machine as a private Games4theWorld only server (which I could do on any of these games if needed).

I'm getting 2 more LAN rigs for when friends visit, mainly so I can use my quad core, 8GB beast to host the servers for us to play on.

And last but not least, it's good to be back!
Hello,

Well, lucky you, I haven't spoken to him for a while now.

Yes, an exclusive Games4theworld server, that was what I was thinking about, lol. And we can create lots of nice maps. Perhaps we could do the same with Team Fortress 2 in combination with Garry's mod. (I've seen some awesome maps created by people) But until now, I wasn't able to set up an own TF2 server, so that's sad. But maybe we can figure something out for one of these games and create an official server. That'd be cool, I guess. The good thing about Red Eclipse is that it's free, so everyone can join.

Yeah, welcome back again, I really missed your nice guides and your good opinions about stuff. Will be waiting for more. Wink

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss1991 on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 17:35

I loved playing Wolfenstein ET and am still thinking of reinstalling it Cool
Not the prettiest game alive but the fun factor is aaaawesome

Bliss1991
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Wolfenstein ET, Army of Two, Gears of War, Halo, Sims 3
Female Posts : 145

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by m4dm4n on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 18:11

Admin wrote:
Hello,

Yes, an exclusive Games4theworld server, that was what I was thinking about, lol. And we can create lots of nice maps. Perhaps we could do the same with Team Fortress 2 in combination with Garry's mod. (I've seen some awesome maps created by people) But until now, I wasn't able to set up an own TF2 server, so that's sad. But maybe we can figure something out for one of these games and create an official server. That'd be cool, I guess. The good thing about Red Eclipse is that it's free, so everyone can join.

Yeah, welcome back again, I really missed your nice guides and your good opinions about stuff. Will be waiting for more. Wink

I haven't built a TF2 map in forever, and the ones I built were ugly as heck. Maybe there are a few people on here that could do the building, and we could host and administrate (as well as play). The only thing about me hosting servers would be that I can only host until about 12am US central time, someone else would then have to host until about 7am US central time and we would need to set up custom admin settings, map rotations, and any customizations or mods in a quick and easy script that can be updated once or twice a week when new maps come about or we get a suggestion on what to include based on votes. The same thing can be done for Red Eclipse, but the good thing is that you only need a Pentium III or higher and 128MB of RAM to host and play at the same time. BTW, I've got 22MB up, 12MB down here on my internet connection, which isn't bad, but from what I've seen on speedtest.net, Europe and South Korea are killing us on specs here in the States. lol!

As for guides, I'll have a few here in the next week, I know one for sure will be for running Windows only games in WINE on the Linux and Mac platforms, and another will probably be something a little more random than usual.

@Bliss1991 wrote:I loved playing Wolfenstein ET and am still thinking of reinstalling it Cool

I still get on every once in a while to check out the mods and custom maps. It's crazy that game still has such a strong following. It's definitely a blast, especially when you have tons of players on one server. There's still nothing like sniping Nazis from across the entire map.

If you like CoD and WolfET, you should get the mod True Combat: Elite (it's for WolfET). The same team is also releasing a new mod called True Combat: Close Quarters Battle, and it looks so badass.

True Combat: Elite footage

True Combat: Close Quarters Battle test footage
m4dm4n
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 18:45

@m4dm4n wrote:
Admin wrote:
Hello,

I haven't built a TF2 map in forever, and the ones I built were ugly as heck. Maybe there are a few people on here that could do the building, and we could host and administrate (as well as play). The only thing about me hosting servers would be that I can only host until about 12am US central time, someone else would then have to host until about 7am US central time and we would need to set up custom admin settings, map rotations, and any customizations or mods in a quick and easy script that can be updated once or twice a week when new maps come about or we get a suggestion on what to include based on votes. The same thing can be done for Red Eclipse, but the good thing is that you only need a Pentium III or higher and 128MB of RAM to host and play at the same time. BTW, I've got 22MB up, 12MB down here on my internet connection, which isn't bad, but from what I've seen on speedtest.net, Europe and South Korea are killing us on specs here in the States. lol!

As for guides, I'll have a few here in the next week, I know one for sure will be for running Windows only games in WINE on the Linux and Mac platforms, and another will probably be something a little more random than usual.

@Bliss1991 wrote:I loved playing Wolfenstein ET and am still thinking of reinstalling it Cool

I still get on every once in a while to check out the mods and custom maps. It's crazy that game still has such a strong following. It's definitely a blast, especially when you have tons of players on one server. There's still nothing like sniping Nazis from across the entire map.

If you like CoD and WolfET, you should get the mod True Combat: Elite (it's for WolfET). The same team is also releasing a new mod called True Combat: Close Quarters Battle, and it looks so badass.

Hi there,

Ok, so you have experience building TF2 maps? What software did you use? Just Gmod? Yeah, my system can handle, that's not a big deal. The only problem at the moment is that I need to find a Server for our Games4theworld website and torrents, because now it's being hosted here and due to the hundreds of users downloading and visiting the website daily, my internet speed got extremely slow. The biggest problem is that I don't have the money to get a new host, we'll need to relay on donations... and as you know, people love to download for free, but when they hear the words "Please donation", they're like "Owh, gotta go". So... that server is going to take a while, even though I found some cheap hosts.
You mean 22 Mb/s up and 12Mb/s down, don't you? Not MB, lol? Since my connection here is 60Mb/s Fiber.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss1991 on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 18:47

@m4dm4n wrote:

Yeah, god I loved that game.
I've been playing for ages and got pretty good at it until my computer sort of died on me.
Now I'm back with a brand new one and I'd love to see my FPS hehe.
I miss playing shooters so maybe I'll reinstall WolfET.

Bliss1991
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Wolfenstein ET, Army of Two, Gears of War, Halo, Sims 3
Female Posts : 145

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by m4dm4n on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 19:06

Admin wrote:
Hi there,

Ok, so you have experience building TF2 maps? What software did you use? Just Gmod? Yeah, my system can handle, that's not a big deal. The only problem at the moment is that I need to find a Server for our Games4theworld website and torrents, because now it's being hosted here and due to the hundreds of users downloading and visiting the website daily, my internet speed got extremely slow. The biggest problem is that I don't have the money to get a new host, we'll need to relay on donations... and as you know, people love to download for free, but when they hear the words "Please donation", they're like "Owh, gotta go". So... that server is going to take a while, even though I found some cheap hosts.
You mean 22 Mb/s up and 12Mb/s down, don't you? Not MB, lol? Since my connection here is 60Mb/s Fiber.

I used the Source SDK and never really got comfortable with it. My bigger experiences were originally with Doom and Unreal Tournament map creation. I suppose you could build them in Gmod and export them, as it would be a lot easier and make more sense to get things done quickly. As far as a host, have you tried asking another admin or moderator to take on some of the hosting duties? Or just put up a paypal link on both sites and just ask for donations and see what we come up with. Quite a few uploaders on thepiratebay do the same thing, even in their readme files. As for hosting the site, I couldn't due to me being in the US, the Feds are coming down on these types of sites being hosted here in the States.

Lol, yeah it was a bit early in the morning for me, 22Mb/s down 12Mb/s up. I could jump on the 100Mb/s, but it's ungodly expensive in this area.

@Bliss1991 wrote:
I've been playing for ages and got pretty good at it until my computer sort of died on me.

When you get it installed, let me know and I'll join you for a few matches. I haven't actually played in about 6 months now.
m4dm4n
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 19:13

@m4dm4n wrote:
Admin wrote:
Hi there,

I used the Source SDK and never really got comfortable with it. My bigger experiences were originally with Doom and Unreal Tournament map creation. I suppose you could build them in Gmod and export them, as it would be a lot easier and make more sense to get things done quickly. As far as a host, have you tried asking another admin or moderator to take on some of the hosting duties? Or just put up a paypal link on both sites and just ask for donations and see what we come up with. Quite a few uploaders on thepiratebay do the same thing, even in their readme files. As for hosting the site, I couldn't due to me being in the US, the Feds are coming down on these types of sites being hosted here in the States.

Lol, yeah it was a bit early in the morning for me, 22Mb/s down 12Mb/s up. I could jump on the 100Mb/s, but it's ungodly expensive in this area.

@Bliss1991 wrote:

When you get it installed, let me know and I'll join you for a few matches. I haven't actually played in about 6 months now.
Hi there,

Well, you see, we have one Server and that one is located where I am at the moment. There are links for donations, but no one bothers to donate for free service, you know. Yeah, but putting that in readme files goes to far. Of course, we don't want to make ® Games4theworld Downloads to commercial, I hate that. We are and stay free for everyone. If people think we helped them, they could consider a Donation, which we'd really appreciate, so we can find a new, fast host.

Ps. This Forum isn't hosted on our own Servers.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by m4dm4n on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 20:06

Admin wrote:
Hi there,

Well, you see, we have one Server and that one is located where I am at the moment. There are links for donations, but no one bothers to donate for free service, you know. Yeah, but putting that in readme files goes to far. Of course, we don't want to make ® Games4theworld Downloads to commercial, I hate that. We are and stay free for everyone. If people think we helped them, they could consider a Donation, which we'd really appreciate, so we can find a new, fast host.

I got ya. I haven't been able to donate as of yet, due to not having any money for some time. I will start making donations in the near future to help out over the next few months, we have gotten a lot of stuff paid off recently and now are saving money to get me a small truck so I can finally start making deliveries locally for some of the stuff I offer (computer repairs, bread, haul stuff). Another option would be to possibly doing some sort of ads on both sites to trickle some money in without people having to pay, though not many people like ads, then you could also offer "premium, ad free membership" and see where it goes from there. I know many sites that do this and do well with it. You could also go to strictly torrents for downloads and host fixes and docs on megaupload (or similar) and it should ease the load on the site server.
m4dm4n
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 22:10

@m4dm4n wrote:
Admin wrote:
Hi there,

I got ya. I haven't been able to donate as of yet, due to not having any money for some time. I will start making donations in the near future to help out over the next few months, we have gotten a lot of stuff paid off recently and now are saving money to get me a small truck so I can finally start making deliveries locally for some of the stuff I offer (computer repairs, bread, haul stuff). Another option would be to possibly doing some sort of ads on both sites to trickle some money in without people having to pay, though not many people like ads, then you could also offer "premium, ad free membership" and see where it goes from there. I know many sites that do this and do well with it. You could also go to strictly torrents for downloads and host fixes and docs on megaupload (or similar) and it should ease the load on the site server.
Hi there,

It's OK, please only donate if you can afford it. I had planned to open a "Pirate" shop for selling random items and selling them around the world, but I wasn't able to work on it yet and I'm not sure if it'll work. If not, it's going to cost me a lot of money.
Yeah, we do have ads now, but most people have "Adblock" these days, so all the ads disappear. Got blocked from Google Adwords, lol, and the provider I'm working with now isn't working well, I guess. I'm 100% a few people click the ads, but until now it shows only 13 people have clicked in like 4-5 months... isn't that a little bit odd? Perhaps I should find an other ad provider... (I'm now working with one that also shows ads on TPB, so I'm sure they won't kick us for having inappropriate content on the website. We have the Premium Downloading service on the website. We've had like 2-3 people using it so far, and they were all happy.
Yes, I used to upload all fixes etc. to MegaUpload, but since a lot of people had problems downloading from there or they just didn't know how it worked, I decided to just upload them to the server, as it's wáy easier for the downloaders; no need to explain anything: just click and download. (Want to keep it easy for everyone, you know)

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by m4dm4n on Mon 21 Mar 2011, 23:20

Admin wrote:
Hi there,

It's OK, please only donate if you can afford it. I had planned to open a "Pirate" shop for selling random items and selling them around the world, but I wasn't able to work on it yet and I'm not sure if it'll work. If not, it's going to cost me a lot of money.
Yeah, we do have ads now, but most people have "Adblock" these days, so all the ads disappear. Got blocked from Google Adwords, lol, and the provider I'm working with now isn't working well, I guess. I'm 100% a few people click the ads, but until now it shows only 13 people have clicked in like 4-5 months... isn't that a little bit odd? Perhaps I should find an other ad provider... (I'm now working with one that also shows ads on TPB, so I'm sure they won't kick us for having inappropriate content on the website. We have the Premium Downloading service on the website. We've had like 2-3 people using it so far, and they were all happy.
Yes, I used to upload all fixes etc. to MegaUpload, but since a lot of people had problems downloading from there or they just didn't know how it worked, I decided to just upload them to the server, as it's wáy easier for the downloaders; no need to explain anything: just click and download. (Want to keep it easy for everyone, you know)

I just thought of DropBox for downloaders. $20 for 100GB of storage each month, and it's pretty easy to use as well.
m4dm4n
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 on Tue 22 Mar 2011, 10:59

Hi M4dM4n Smile

I guess you and Admin should create TF2 map. So we can play together. Hehe. I guarantee it'll be so fun Smile Admin also love to play TF2. Hehe Smile

Hurm... Something I forgot to say...
We love you ADMIIIIINNNNNNN

hahahah

Narong Da Saratoga Of 30
     Forum Moderator

Áll official ® Games4theworld Downloads can be found on: http://www.games4theworld.org
®️ Games4theworld Twitter: http://twitter.com/games4theworld
Narong30
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )
Male Posts : 1392

View user profile http://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by m4dm4n on Tue 22 Mar 2011, 17:24

@Narong30 wrote:Hi M4dM4n Smile

I guess you and Admin should create TF2 map. So we can play together. Hehe. I guarantee it'll be so fun Smile Admin also love to play TF2. Hehe Smile

hahahah

I'll see what I can do with the SDK and Garrys Mod, no promises on a good map though.
m4dm4n
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Tue 22 Mar 2011, 20:24

@m4dm4n wrote:
Admin wrote:
Hi there,

I just thought of DropBox for downloaders. $20 for 100GB of storage each month, and it's pretty easy to use as well.
Hello to both of you,

Yes, DropBox is also good, but $20 a month... We'll never be able to get that much donations, lol. The cheapest host I found is about 15-20 EUR a year for like... 1GB storage, if I'm right. This way we can host the .torrent files, fixes and the website on there and the Premium Downloading services on our own Server.
But the problem really is $$, which I don't have at the moment. Not for this.

hahahah

Haha, love you too Narong. Wink
Yeah, TF2 is an epic game. Love it. (It's more fun to play with friends though)

@m4dm4n wrote:

hahahah

I'll see what I can do with the SDK and Garrys Mod, no promises on a good map though.

Garry's Mod is easy to use, isn't it?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by m4dm4n on Wed 23 Mar 2011, 00:52

Admin wrote:

Yes, DropBox is also good, but $20 a month... We'll never be able to get that much donations, lol. The cheapest host I found is about 15-20 EUR a year for like... 1GB storage, if I'm right. This way we can host the .torrent files, fixes and the website on there and the Premium Downloading services on our own Server.

I could probably swing half the cost if you and Narong wanna split the other half.

Garry's Mod is not only easy, it is fun as hell too!
m4dm4n
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 23 Mar 2011, 13:45

@m4dm4n wrote:
Admin wrote:

I could probably swing half the cost if you and Narong wanna split the other half.

Garry's Mod is not only easy, it is fun as hell too!
Hi there,

We'll get it fixed somehow, no problem. Just be patient, I'll work it out somehow.

Hmm... if Garry's Mod is any good, I'll certainly buy it too. Maybe we can work on maps together?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by m4dm4n on Wed 23 Mar 2011, 16:40

Admin wrote:

Hmm... if Garry's Mod is any good, I'll certainly buy it too. Maybe we can work on maps together?

It's not a question if Garry's Mod is any good, it's awesome! The thing is, I believe, after we finish building in GM we would have to convert each map with the SDK to get them to work with TF2. Not a big deal, just a few extra steps. Then it's time for a test run then on to hosting.
m4dm4n
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 23 Mar 2011, 16:50

@m4dm4n wrote:
Admin wrote:

It's not a question if Garry's Mod is any good, it's awesome! The thing is, I believe, after we finish building in GM we would have to convert each map with the SDK to get them to work with TF2. Not a big deal, just a few extra steps. Then it's time for a test run then on to hosting.
Hi there,

That's cool. If you can experiment with that... - if you think we can make some nice maps with that, tell me, then I'll buy it too.

//EDIT

You can exchange the maps, right?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by m4dm4n on Wed 23 Mar 2011, 17:27

Admin wrote:

You can exchange the maps, right?

Yep.
m4dm4n
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum