Expansion Pack addon affects Performance?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansion Pack addon affects Performance?

Post by DivineJan on Fri 07 Dec 2012, 09:54

Hello,
I am just concerned that if I get rid of most of my expansions.. ( I have all of them btw) Will it increase the performance of the game? Because My computer only could handle the minimum requirements of the game and I am using a intergrated gpu Sad

What do you think what expansions are most important?
DivineJan
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3
Male Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expansion Pack addon affects Performance?

Post by rwhunited on Fri 07 Dec 2012, 12:28

Personally I really dislike supernatural and not a fan of pets, but I think everyone disagrees with pets. If you don't really do the adventures I would remove World adventures. I really like Generations, Ambitions and Late Night.

rwhunited
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : TS3, AC series, COD series, RCT series.
Male Posts : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink on Fri 07 Dec 2012, 21:59

Well, with this, you should figure out what ones you like the most, since you are the one playing the game.
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4
Male Posts : 1079

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DivineJan on Sat 08 Dec 2012, 01:44

@rwhunited wrote:Personally I really dislike supernatural and not a fan of pets, but I think everyone disagrees with pets. If you don't really do the adventures I would remove World adventures. I really like Generations, Ambitions and Late Night.

Yeah I do agree with your opinion.

//EDIT

@t2sink wrote:Well, with this, you should figure out what ones you
like the most, since you are the one playing the game.

Yes,
I do think it would be my own opinion in what I like the most, but I
just wanted to also know if adding more expansions increase game loading
or affecting performance. I wanted to know what expansions/stuff pack
give that huge impact on the game on performance.
DivineJan
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3
Male Posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 15:16

Hello,

I've had to downsize my game myself because of bad performance.
The more expansions you're using, the higher the chance you'll see a decrease in game performance.

I uninstalled the stuffpacks first. They only really add objects. And I can play my game fine without extra objects besides, I also have store content and that doesn't appear to put that much strain on the game at all.
In anticipation of Seasons, I started to wonder what I could do to downsize my game further. And came up with this:
-World Adventures: I enjoy the adventures and tend to go on vacation with my sims. WA stays.
-Ambitions: Adds realism and while I don't use the professions much, I have my sims take on the writer or painter jobs often and use the consignmentstore a lot. AMB stays.
-Late Night: Don't use high rise buildings since taking the elevator takes forever. Sims don't go out because that disrupts their sleep patterns plus, I never go out myself so there's nothing there that is familiar to me. Can't use Bridgeport because that world is too large and has too many issues for my pc to run it properly. Don't play celebs (it's boring) so LN goes.
-Generations: This one isn't starining the game too much and it adds some nice touches. GEN stays.
-Pets: Been waiting for this one since '09. All my families have pets. Needless to say it stays.
-Showtime: I don't care much for the "superstar" life so I don't know why I would keep it. ST goes.
-Supernatural: I uninstalled this without playing it much. I actually uninstalled because I thought it was affecting the way Seasons runs on my pc. That was probably just Seasons being buggy. I might reinstall and see after Seasons has been patched. I usually play "normal" sims with "normal" lives though so I may not use the features much.
-Seasons: Been waiting for this one since '09 as well. If I could only pick 2 it would be Pets and Seasons so, it stays.

Analyze the options for yourself, what is must have, and what isn't. What would you really miss, and what can you live without?
I'd say Pets and Seasons are the ones that decrease game performance most though. Pets because it creates lag due to unroutable pets and wildlife. Seasons because of the graphic effects related to weather.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)