I can't install my first expansion (WA) after installing SIMS 3 (not patched yet).[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't install my first expansion (WA) after installing SIMS 3 (not patched yet).[SOLVED]

Post by rockultimetal on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 14:13

Can someone help me? I just installed the SIMS 3 and downloaded it from games4theworld(including all the other expansion packs)
I'm stuck in installing world adventures. [EDIT: This is actually the first expansion pack i'm trying to install and its just after i installed sims 3 base game. I'm planning to install other expansion packs as well, including those which are needed to make the ultimate fix work.]

Sad The sims 3 i downloaded is 1.0.6 version. My pc is gaming capable (if this info is really needed), i can run games like civilization 5, deus ex: human rev, skyrim, etc...

About the base game... I didn't patch it yet since the guide here says that its better not to patch until everything is installed then apply the ultimate fix.

When I try to install world adventures it says that it needs to update but then when i click yes it would say "error with the sims 3 update setup is unable to continue." I already edited the SKU thing in the reg edit and i stopped there (didn't do the crack procedures like what the guide here says).

Should i follow through steps 3 on wards instead? (those with the crack thingy)

[EDIT: i found out that in some of the threads here, they say that we need to UPDATE to 1.42 first before installing expansions. But why is it that in the guide here (the one with 5 steps and an alternate steps) it is done AFTER installing all the EPs and the base game?]

I'm lost. Help.

rockultimetal
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Skyrim, Dragon Nest, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Fallout 3 and Dragon Age Origins
Male Posts : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I can't install my first expansion (WA) after installing SIMS 3 (not patched yet).[SOLVED]

Post by BoredLatvianGuy on Mon 10 Dec 2012, 15:43

Hello, it`s me again ^_^
I have the same exact problem, AND I know that there was another topic like this, but it didn't help me because it was solved using the chat.
So please, please, can you please solve it here, so I can see it too?
Bored :3

//EDIT:

Wooow, apparently I am a bit stubborn. Really big thanks to t2sink for once again clearing things out!
Just read this: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t9053-urgent-can-t-uninstall-sims-3-properly-and-game-won-t-run
I had no idea installing Seasons will update the game successfully, now I also installed everything else I wanted ^_^

BoredLatvianGuy
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I can't install my first expansion (WA) after installing SIMS 3 (not patched yet).[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 11 Dec 2012, 10:50

//MOVED
Hello,

Or use the manual patch before you start installing expansions.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rockultimetal on Tue 11 Dec 2012, 13:59

BoredLatvianGuy hey! thanks for the thread. I'll check the seasons expansion in piratebay cause i haven't downloaded it. I think its new right? I think i saw one uploaded by games4theworld for about 1+ gb? Hope it downloads fast though. Smile

Lady ElDi thanks for the quick response Smile. So i just need to patch the base to 1.42 first before installing WA and other expansions right? Ok i'll try that and will notify you guys if i finally install them.

Uhm... is there a torrent file for this manual patch though? Sad I downloaded all the expansions via torrent coz it's safer to download (can be paused for a while). My internet connection is pretty weak. Sad

I really hope there is coz at least, even if i have to wait for a day or a week, i know it wouldn't be cancelled due to connection problems.

[EDIT: BTW, sorry for posting on the wrong section. I'm kinda new to this forum thing and it's actually my 1st time to register to a forum/site/blog/(don't even know what this is) Very Happy. Hehe Smile]

rockultimetal
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Skyrim, Dragon Nest, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Fallout 3 and Dragon Age Origins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by c0ckzai on Tue 11 Dec 2012, 15:24

or,u can always try my method of installation,it works for me everytime,if u have download all expension set,u would have 16 total of the sims,i instal mine in this way. i'll include cd keys to make ur life easier.

Sims 3 - 4F2S-XE9P-PJVB-APJX-ERLD
Sims 3 World Adventure - F33K-HVX5-8KR2-E8KP-6RLD
Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff - V677-YLAC-SCRM-E201-0VTY
Sims 3 Ambitious - VJZR-UPAC-SCRM-PITA-LITY
Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff - VPMV-7PYX-VTY6-RTY6-6VTY
Sims 3 Late Night - 7R8Y-48GT-GL6K-4GLP-MRLD
Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff - 1UC4-XLIW-42KC-WPNL-5FLT
Sims 3 Generation - RYSA-27HD-QJVJ-YQJM-MRLD
Sims 3 Town Life Stuff - LJDV-UK3K-X4YE-PX4A-PRLD
Sims 3 Pets - EGGG-JNX8-O1PF-QCFU-2FLT
Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff - 0C8G-HF9D-14H5-582T-YFLT
Sims 3 Show Time - 9GV5-FBRT-TJN9-FR6M-RS6C
Sims 3 Katy Perry Sweet Treats - KBJS-ZVEV-T47Q-D823-0FLT
Sims 3 Diesel Stuff - HGG8-AXN3-8WAQ-F8W5-SRLD
Sims 3 Supernatural - P89H-8B8R-KC5V-5X5V-8X7R
Sims 3 Seasons - 3Q9Z-J8UM-EMME-6XAA-VK83

this is how my method work,1st instal the based game,and do not crack the game,2ndly,try to instal WA,see if at the beginning of the installation,did it ask for upgrade your client,if so,just upgrade it,if not,try to get another copy.
you must always update the client in the beginning of every expension,the ea manager/origin can be ignore,dont have to instal that.

just continue to instal every expension pack till the last expension *which is season* before you crack ur game,once everything is in,ur game should be good to go,at least it works prefectly for me,i dont even have to do the ultimate fix and stuff. hope this helps.

c0ckzai
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rockultimetal on Tue 11 Dec 2012, 15:40

c0ckzai I don't have Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Sims 3 Diesel Stuff yet. But i plan to download seasons soon.

I had that arrangement in mind and i'd install it in that order just to be safe (i read it in some other forums). However, the order isn't my problem. My problem is that after installation of my sims 3 base game (didn't crack it), I tried to install World adventures. But then, it wouldn't let me install because it said i needed to update. When I clicked "yes", it says "error with the sims 3 update setup is unable to continue."

Now... i'll try to update/patch the game to 1.42 as Lady ElDi said. But i'm thinking about how to download it.
(10hours+ to download directly w/o torrent) Sad I fear that my internet connection might disconnect while in the middle of this download. booo for me. Sad

[EDIT: it would help a lot, if you don't mind, if you or some other kind person :p could upload the fix in torrent. Or tell me if it has been up for torrent download already and i didn't know/see.]

rockultimetal
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 11 Dec 2012, 16:47

Hello,

Ok in that case, your first expansion should be Seasons. The patch data is in the torrent and your base game will update automatically if you install Seasons and after that, you no longer need to patch at all.
The order in which the games are installed is entirely unimportant. It doesn't affect your ability to play the game at all whether you start with World Adventures and work your way up or install them in a random order.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rockultimetal on Tue 11 Dec 2012, 17:11

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Ok in that case, your first expansion should be Seasons. The patch data is in the torrent and your base game will update automatically if you install Seasons and after that, you no longer need to patch at all.
The order in which the games are installed is entirely unimportant. It doesn't affect your ability to play the game at all whether you start with World Adventures and work your way up or install them in a random order.

Whoa? really? i didn't know about that (that you can install the EPs in random order). That sounds great. Smile So its ok if i'm just gonna download seasons instead of the manual fix since its gonna update it anyway. Here goes! I'm gonna download it overnight and install it tomorrow then the other EPs.

I'm gonna Notify you guys if i was able to install seasons EP.
---wait... should i reedit the SKU thing at regedit back to "7" or as is "2"?

Thanks for the help! I hope i could play this game in full sometime soon.

rockultimetal
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 11 Dec 2012, 17:18

Hello,

I don't think you'll have to change it back.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rockultimetal on Fri 14 Dec 2012, 05:24

Lady ElDi ! Hey... it worked! Thanks guys for the support and fast response. Installing seasons first really patched the game to 1.42. I installed all the EPs after and they installed fine (except pets but thanks to this forum i downloaded the "pets fix" thingy). Now, i'm downloading 3 other expansion packs (after deciding to install all EPs Razz) from this uploader.

BTW, would installing ALL of them make the game so laggy? I mean slow?

Though, I hope i could play them after applying the ultimate fix. Smile

rockultimetal
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by c0ckzai on Fri 14 Dec 2012, 06:50

normally,you game will get slower when u apply more "premium content",which is really attractive lol,so u will be adding it some times soon,i have like 83 extra content to load in my game,which now runs like crazy,slighty lag on my laptop but still playable,if ur planning to get smooth gaming,then reduce the number of premium/extra content u have in ur game and its good to go.

c0ckzai
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:40

Hello,

It does largely depend on your pc but honestly, I don't see a huge difference in performance wheter I'm using store content or not. And I'm using all of it on a pretty old pc. It'll increase the loading time, but I doubt it really affects gameplay.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rockultimetal on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 05:02

Lady ElDi hey! thanks! I finally installed everything. Smile And the game runs! YEY!
thank you very much... God bless you!

But one last thing... Smile Can I uninstall 1 or more expansion packs after applying the ultimate fix? (i actually regret installing KPS, Diesel, and town life... pretty useless and just makes the laptop lag a little)

Is it ok to uninstall them even after applying the ultimate fix( I'm thinking it would improve loading time somehow if uninstall some useless expansion packs. Smile )

rockultimetal
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 21:39

Hello,

Glad to hear it's working now!
Yes, you can safely uninstall expansions you don't want, without re-doing any other step.
Just keep in mind that you need at least one of the expansions released after and including Generations.

Anything else we can currently help you with?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by rockultimetal on Sun 16 Dec 2012, 11:03

Sir Admin everything's ok now. Though the loading screen (as Lady ElDi said) loaded for about 8-12 minutes but everything worked out smoothly afterwards.

Maybe i'd uninstall diesel and town life (seeing that they're of no use to me :p).

[EDIT: Oh... yeah. I won't uninstall any of the major expansion packs. I'm thinkin about diesel and town life. Isn't it that some of the items/stuff in town life are already included in some of the major EPs?
Other than that, i have no other concerns anymore. You can close this thread now. Smile -probably open a new thread if an in-game problem arises hehe]

So yeah... thank you very much for all the help! This site is really helpful and your torrent files really work. God bless! Til' next time! Smile Very Happy Hammertime Awesome Emote

rockultimetal
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 16 Dec 2012, 12:38

Hello,

Glad to hear it's all working to your satisfaction now.
A sidenote: the stuff in the stuffpacks is not included in other EP's, but you can certainly live without it.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)