Not sure which mod is causing crash??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not sure which mod is causing crash??

Post by turqhex on Fri 14 Dec 2012, 03:23

OKAY so I'm really bad at all this techie stuff, so I spent a good 3ish hours searching up possible causes & solutions to why my game keeps crashing during load. this started happening after downloading Seasons from this site.
so far I've updated my drivers & went into GraphicsCards.sgr and GraphicsRules.sgr to make sure the game finds them, but I don't think my drivers were ever the problem because the problem persisted and the Crash Log Analyzer that I downloaded then told me that it might be a CC error (though it had given me false diagnoses before) ... but I had suspected this from the start and had turned off CC and tested but it still crashed. I removed mods finally and realized everything was working perfectly. But I have a lot of mods, and they're all very dear to me, so I don't want to delete and isolating a few of them at a time to see which ones are the problem makers is gonna be really tedious. I mean I've already dedicated hours to this so I will if I have to, but I searched for programs that might do the work for me and tell me if any are corrupt, so I found through searching here Lady ElDi's suggestion to download Delphy's Dashboard. I got that but all it's turning up with is conflicts between some of the mods. I really don't wanna have to get rid of a single one of them, what should I do about them? Nothing's corrupt, and they were all working fine before Seasons, should I really believe I have to get rid of them? There are no updates for them.
Is there another program out there that might give me a second opinion?
thanks
Sad

//EDIT

oh sorry... I realize this should've been posted in In-game problems Sad

Last edited by turqhex on Fri 14 Dec 2012, 03:33; edited 2 times in total

turqhex
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not sure which mod is causing crash??

Post by hexorcist on Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:36

If you could post the details of the crash (look on the lower left hand side of the dialog that pops up when it crashes) we may be able to figure out what the issue is.

Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Mass Effect series
Male Posts : 544

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:37

Hello,

No problem, I've moved the topic Smile

You've already noticed there are some conflicts so the first thing you can do is run your game without the conflicting mods first to see if that really does make a difference. Then start putting back the other ones to see which one(s) cause(s) the problem. If there are no updates to these mods, there may be alternatives. Mods that do (almost) the same thing but that don't conflict.
A lot of people here use mods, so we could help you find those alternatives.

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by turqhex on Tue 18 Dec 2012, 18:01

hi Lady ElDi, thank you so much for taking your sweet time to respond but I got it to work when I found that it's at least one of the NRaas mods. I have 4. Overwatch, Traveler, Register and Anti-Magic Scroll. I finally decided to go ahead and remove & replace mods by bunches at a time to test and found that the ones that were turning up with a conflict as detected by Delphy's Dashboard were perfectly fine (even though I had already spent hours searching & finding replacements for those). I had thought i read somewhere where you said that all NRaas's mods were fine so i kind of didnt suspect them.
After that I didn't bother to remove & replace each of my NRaas mods separately because I was too excited that my game was working and started playing. But I will do that now
Thank youuuuuu Smile

But what will I do when i find that one or more of them are corrupt? I don't imagine there are any replacements for those? I made sure I had all the updated versions too.

turqhex
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Tue 18 Dec 2012, 20:51

I'd try downloading the one that is causing the issue again, if it's one you can't play without. It's strange that it's one of those ones causing the issue, because as far as I know, there's no mods that do anything similar to those available.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum