Routing problems (?).[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Routing problems (?).[SOLVED]

Post by BoredLatvianGuy on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 14:59

Hello!
Guess who again has problems with The Sims 3...
I experienced some game lag/freezing (my sim wouldn't be moving but the sounds, trees in the background etc. were normal). I did some research and found these two mods by NRass - Traffic and Overwatch (these were the two last options after I read your topic how to reduce lag/freezing, because I have only 7 small .package files installed and my PC's RAM is only 2GB)
I installed them correctly and the lag/freezing was almost gone, so after I lowered the graphic settings, the game ran extremely smooth.
So when I made a new sim in a new city (Bridgeport), I made him do some stuff in his new apartment. After some hours (in-game hours) my apartment got all black and my sim was sent to the lobby of the house. Luckily, the game didn't crash, but it did show a message saying something like about the routing problems (?) which happened to my sim *I will play the game a bit later to get the correct mesage*
After my sim got the routing (?) problem and was send to the ground floor, his social, fun and energy bars were full, but the hunger, bladder and hygiene bars were half-filled.
I am 100% sure the mods are up-to-date (downloaded them today), so do you have any idea what the problem might be?
Bored ^_^

//EDIT:

What it says is "Unroutable Sims found". I was at the gym and instead of teleporting me to my house's ground floor, I was teleported to the gym's ground floor.
P.S. - just a short bonus question Very Happy If my sim is a 1 star celebrity and I impress a 4-star celebrity, shouldn't I level up to a 2-star celebrity?

BoredLatvianGuy
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Routing problems (?).[SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 18:42

Does this just happen in Bridgeport? Because even though Bridgeport is terrible for routing, that seems excessive..

The celebrity system runs off points. I had my unknown sim marry a 5-star celeb, and she only went up to a 1-star. It's based off of friendships, people known, career, skills, and opportunities. It's actually a pretty neat system that EA developed.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoredLatvianGuy on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 18:49

Well, I can try another town (which town has the smallest routing problems?)

I didn't have these teleporting issues before I installed the mods, so maybe you know if these NRaas mods aren't compatible with the store fixes? (If there's a mod to tell whether they're compatible or not, I can check it myself). Or maybe I have to tweak the settings of the mod?
//EDIT: I will download the Delphy's Dashboard and report ASAP ^_^

//EDIT 2:
So I ran Delphy's Dashboard and nothing is corrupted/conflicting...

BoredLatvianGuy
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 19:01

No, the mods are just catching errors and trying to fix them as best as they can so the sim doesn't get stuck.

I'm not sure on which has the least routing issues, but I'd try with sunset valley. Any town is better, routing-wise, than the original copy of Bridgeport though.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoredLatvianGuy on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 19:35

So I played some time in Sunset Valley and... Nothing happened. Maybe the teleportation happened because because I was in a apartment, not in a house? This would be a shame, because Bridgeport is the only city I like to play in -.-

BoredLatvianGuy
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 20:23

No, if there was an issue while in your house, the sim gets teleported to the front of the lot, by the mailbox.

You could always try using this. It fixes a lot of the routing issues in Bridgeport. If that doesn't work, you could also find a custom world that you'd like to play. Usually they have less routing issues.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoredLatvianGuy on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 20:40

Well, I would love to... If only it was compatible with the game version I have. And if I were to apply a earlier update, some expansions wouldn't run. Alright, I guess I will have to get used to the teleporting, since my game crashes now and then if I don't use those mods.
Thank you ^_^

BoredLatvianGuy
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 20:45

It should be compatible. The creator of the mod is still very active and replied to questions about it working just a couple weeks ago. Routing fixes don't necessarily have to be updated with every patch level, just if something major has been changed by EA. Smile
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoredLatvianGuy on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 20:48

Ummm... I am going blind, didn't see this before. Thank you, will give it a try! Smile

BoredLatvianGuy
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 20:51

Haha it's alright! Good luck, and let me know how it works for you. Smile
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BoredLatvianGuy on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 23:25

Applied the fix and... Well, it teleported me in like the first half hour (game-time). Luckily, after it my sim hasn't been teleported anymore, although I experience a bit more freezing... Well, better a bit of freezing than random teleporting.
Thanks for the help!
Bored :3

BoredLatvianGuy
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 16 Dec 2012, 10:26

Hello,

You could always look for a custom world with high rise buildings that you like, for now, we'll call it "solved" though.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112