Problems with sparring.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problems with sparring.

Post by kenku on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 14:40

My sim won't spar with the next person in the tourney. I go to China, make the call, wait for the person to get there, and then I talk to him. I continually talk to him but the option for sparring never appears.
The search bar didn't find any topics with the word Spar/Sparring in it so I did a quick google search and only found out that the option should be there from the beginning if the other sim has at least one bar of martial arts skill regaurdless of the relationship level. I also found out from the search that others have the same problem but can spar with another sim not next on the tourney list. I didn't find anyone in China for that so I plan raising my level and training someone at home so I can see if I too can spar with others.
As always thanks for your time and support.

Okay. So i just came across the same tourney guy a bit later after I raised my martial arts skill from 4 to 5 and the spar option was there. Unfortunately I was fatigued:scratch: and couldn't spar. So opps for the post but a new question arises then. Is there some specific conditions needed to spar with someone cause I can still not spar with other random sims I see on training dummies?

Last edited by kenku on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 15:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New information.)

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Always growing. Recently Mortal Kombat 360
Male Posts : 58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problems with sparring.

Post by invalidusername on Sun 30 Dec 2012, 19:16

I believe one of the requirements to spar with somebody is having the same level of martial arts.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 05 Jan 2013, 18:35

@kenku wrote: Is there some specific conditions needed to spar with someone cause I can still not spar with other random sims I see on training dummies?

If you don't know the other sim then you probably have to build (just a bit of) relationship with him or her - the "sparring" option will become available then..

@invalidusername wrote:I believe one of the requirements to spar with
somebody is having the same level of martial arts.

Actually this is not required Wink, you can e.g even have a level 5 sim spar against a level 10 one (though you will lose in most cases).
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kenku on Sat 05 Jan 2013, 22:18

Yea. I just got Grandmaster today. I made a lot today into an academy lot. Now I just need to buy it and then fill it with martial arts stuff, as well as other commodities to encourage them to stay there longer.

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Always growing. Recently Mortal Kombat 360
Male Posts : 58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: