Custom Contents not showing in game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom Contents not showing in game

Post by Sims3life on Mon 31 Dec 2012, 04:55

I usually don't have any issues with custom contents but now some of my custom contents doesn't show in game! In the launcher, it says that it's installed but when I went in game, it doesn't show. mostly, it's from my downloaded sims. Please help! I've searched everywhere and nothing seems to help. Please answer ASAP

P.S. Please say in a way that I can understand because I'm not very techy (if that's spelled right or if that's even a real word)


Sims3life
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims, The Sims 3, Onnverse, Silent Hill
Female Posts : 6
Points : 1775
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Contents not showing in game

Post by fansim on Mon 31 Dec 2012, 11:52

Hey ,
When you download sims , it's usally in .sims3pack but sims often comes with a .sim file ,it's meant to be placed in SavedSims folder not in the mod folder. Be sure you've done this

SavedSims is a folder found under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3


for sims also , you may check if the creator has posted links to necessary downloads for the sims to show up fine.

It can also be a problem of missing EP or SP , sometimes , some custom content require a specific EP or SP installed to work in your game.

for example you only have base game+world adventures installed and you downloaded a custom outwear that requires seasons EP so it won't show up because you don't have seasons installed.
avatar
fansim
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : the sims 3 , Indigo prophecy , L.A noire , resident evil , GTA
Female Posts : 20
Points : 1796
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Contents not showing in game

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Mon 31 Dec 2012, 11:59

Hello,

Where are you looking for these sims? They are in CAS, in the sim bin.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20090
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Contents not showing in game

Post by Sims3life on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 10:33

fansim wrote:Hey ,
When you download sims , it's usally in .sims3pack but sims often comes with a .sim file ,it's meant to be placed in SavedSims folder not in the mod folder. Be sure you've done this

SavedSims is a folder found under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3


for sims also , you may check if the creator has posted links to necessary downloads for the sims to show up fine.

It can also be a problem of missing EP or SP , sometimes , some custom content require a specific EP or SP installed to work in your game.

for example you only have base game+world adventures installed and you downloaded a custom outwear that requires seasons EP so it won't show up because you don't have seasons installed.


It's sims3pack sims. It shows at first but when I play the game again, the custom contents from that sim are not there anymore.

//EDIT

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Where are you looking for these sims? They are in CAS, in the sim bin.

It's sims, but the custom contents from the sims

Sims3life
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims, The Sims 3, Onnverse, Silent Hill
Female Posts : 6
Points : 1775
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Contents not showing in game

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 12:16

Hello,

So you're downloading a sim wearing custom clothes, but the clothes are nowhere to be found?

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20090
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Contents not showing in game

Post by Sims3life on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 13:26

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

So you're downloading a sim wearing custom clothes, but the clothes are nowhere to be found?

yes

Sims3life
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims, The Sims 3, Onnverse, Silent Hill
Female Posts : 6
Points : 1775
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Contents not showing in game

Post by fansim on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 15:23

may be the creators have posted a download link to the clothes but you didn't download them or download their mesh

or may be the clothes that the creators use for the sims you download come with EP/SP you don't have.
avatar
fansim
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : the sims 3 , Indigo prophecy , L.A noire , resident evil , GTA
Female Posts : 20
Points : 1796
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2012-12-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Contents not showing in game

Post by Sims3life on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 05:51

fansim wrote:may be the creators have posted a download link to the clothes but you didn't download them or download their mesh

or may be the clothes that the creators use for the sims you download come with EP/SP you don't have.

It shows up the first time I open the game but when I open the game again the custom contents are not there.

Sims3life
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims, The Sims 3, Onnverse, Silent Hill
Female Posts : 6
Points : 1775
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-12-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Contents not showing in game

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 10:33

Hello,

That's weird. Try saving those custom to favourites while you're in CAS. You may have to find and download these separately for them to show up properly.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20090
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum