error 12 problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

error 12 problem

Post by autumns on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 02:16

okay i have read everything there is on error 12. i know its not due to memory and i am on my 1st gen so there is no problem with it storing any large family

problem occurs when i change a sims clothes in game and after i exit i attempt to save the game and it gives me the error 12 ... what could be causing this issue ;[ Help


Last edited by autumns on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 14:41; edited 1 time in total

autumns
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

Female Posts : 45
Points : 1914
Reputation : -12
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error 12 problem

Post by cezra31 on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 07:59


_________________
Regards,
cezra31









Loop
Start playing when buffered ( Only Notify

) -
%
Smart Buffer
Estimated Time:
Donate to SmartVideo!
Global Preferences
avatar
cezra31
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Left 4 Dead, NBA 2k, Warcraft III, Need For Speed, League of Legends
Male Posts : 500
Points : 2710
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 19
Location : I'm right here beside you.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error 12 problem

Post by autumns on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 14:29

thanks didnt do me any good Sad. Very Happy kamusta ka? im filipino also

autumns
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

Female Posts : 45
Points : 1914
Reputation : -12
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error 12 problem

Post by TUN3R on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 14:58

For errors code 12, 13 and 16 that occur when saving, patch up the World Adventures expansion. Yes the old fashioned way, some people claim that after Generations you don't need to do that anymore, well I tell 'em GET YOUR INFO RIGHT.

Worked for me anyway, I still get Code 16 rarely, but it works if I try again and it doesn't CTD.

I used the "Worldwide" versions mostly, but for some reason one or two of 'em only worked if I installed the English versions, ether way, the ones you need are 2.2.8 and 2.3.33 though I recommend installing all of them if you can.

http://www.beyondsims.com/the-sims/the-sims-3/the-sims-3-patches/patches-the-sims-3-world-adventures/

EDIT: Almost forgot, this patch changes the saving system so backup your saves.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Male Posts : 646
Points : -7234
Reputation : -9982
Join date : 2012-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error 12 problem

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 15:24

Hello,

Save errors are in no way related to your game's patch level. It's not as if only people with WA get error 12.
Granted, I did get my first and only error 12 after I installed WA, but it stopped occurring as soon as I installed errortrap.
Error 12 is an "out of memory" error, has nothing to do with WA.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20085
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error 12 problem

Post by autumns on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 01:19

hey guys im still havent the error ;[ im hoping a update patch will help.. maybe

autumns
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

Female Posts : 45
Points : 1914
Reputation : -12
Join date : 2012-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error 12 problem

Post by cezra31 on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 03:25

Nailagay mo na ate ung errortrap? Kung hindi pa ito ung link: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap

BTW, Rami ng pilipino dito sana rumami ng rumami! Very Happy Welcome to Games For The World

_________________
Regards,
cezra31









Loop
Start playing when buffered ( Only Notify

) -
%
Smart Buffer
Estimated Time:
Donate to SmartVideo!
Global Preferences
avatar
cezra31
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Left 4 Dead, NBA 2k, Warcraft III, Need For Speed, League of Legends
Male Posts : 500
Points : 2710
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 19
Location : I'm right here beside you.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error 12 problem

Post by akoposijm on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 09:55

Hi cezra, Im a filipino also. Im just wondering if how much would it cost me if I upgrade my RAM? and what store here in manila would be the best?

akoposijm
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : sims 3
Female Posts : 17
Points : 1765
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error 12 problem

Post by cezra31 on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 13:02

Di ko sure ate, sige bukas tanung ko po sa pinsan ko, pero bka mas mura jan sa Manila. Ilan po ba RAM mo, ako po kasi 4GB lang ehh, pero ok na. Sa Nueva Ecija pala ako ate, di ko alam jan sa Manila. Very Happy Welcome po sa Games4theWorld! Very Happy

_________________
Regards,
cezra31









Loop
Start playing when buffered ( Only Notify

) -
%
Smart Buffer
Estimated Time:
Donate to SmartVideo!
Global Preferences
avatar
cezra31
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Left 4 Dead, NBA 2k, Warcraft III, Need For Speed, League of Legends
Male Posts : 500
Points : 2710
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2012-03-25
Age : 19
Location : I'm right here beside you.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error 12 problem

Post by TUN3R on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 18:49

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Save errors are in no way related to your game's patch level. It's not as if only people with WA get error 12.
Granted, I did get my first and only error 12 after I installed WA, but it stopped occurring as soon as I installed errortrap.
Error 12 is an "out of memory" error, has nothing to do with WA.

You sure about that?

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Save_game_error

I started getting save errors only after World Adventures, which was after I got my current computer. Before that, I ran The Sims 3 on a 2004 PC with less than a gigabyte of RAM and I've never had this error. I'm not saying it's not memory related, it would make sense that it is since you can get the error now but after a few minutes you try to save again and it works, even though it was paused all this time. But officially it started occurring (or started occurring often) after World Adventures, since it changed the saving system (probably cause of the traveling system). It occurs in The Sims Medieval as well, and if I have a pretty good idea as to when EA's games enter development and when they are announced (and I have no reason to doubt myself, seeing as those greedy f*ckers have been ripping me off for years), I'd say TSM's development began around December 2009 - February 2010. Which means it would have been built on World Adventures' version of the Sims 3 engine...

Oh in case you're curious about that PC, it was a:

-Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
-768 MB of RAM (only 256 MB now) I "burned" the 512 card when I tried to run Episodes From Liberty City (it worked, but yeah...).
-GeForce 9400 GT 1GB
-Windows XP Service Pack 2

It actually still works, gave it to my cousin and even he didn't manage to break it yet.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Male Posts : 646
Points : -7234
Reputation : -9982
Join date : 2012-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error 12 problem

Post by invalidusername on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 19:39

TUN3R wrote:
You sure about that?

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Save_game_error

I started getting save errors only after World Adventures, which was after I got my current computer. Before that, I ran The Sims 3 on a 2004 PC with less than a gigabyte of RAM and I've never had this error. I'm not saying it's not memory related, it would make sense that it is since you can get the error now but after a few minutes you try to save again and it works, even though it was paused all this time. But officially it started occurring (or started occurring often) after World Adventures, since it changed the saving system (probably cause of the traveling system).

Personally, I've long since gotten rid of WA, since I never used it, and I still get Error code 12 pretty often, so by your reasoning, I shouldn't be having this, because it's mostly caused by WA, right? Not trying to be rude or snide or anything. I'm actually curious about this line of thinking going on. I had installed it before Generations was even announced, also, so I had gotten both of those patches. My game has been pretty consistent in it's save errors since I first installed it a few years ago, so I don't think it's a sure shot that patching would always be of value or help at all, all of the time.

And the official response that was released with the original game was that Error 12 is a memory related issue. WA probably just poured salt in the wound.
avatar
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043
Points : 4561
Reputation : 219
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error 12 problem

Post by hexorcist on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 20:45

TUN3R wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Save errors are in no way related to your game's patch level. It's not as if only people with WA get error 12.
Granted, I did get my first and only error 12 after I installed WA, but it stopped occurring as soon as I installed errortrap.
Error 12 is an "out of memory" error, has nothing to do with WA.

You sure about that?

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Save_game_error

I started getting save errors only after World Adventures, which was after I got my current computer. Before that, I ran The Sims 3 on a 2004 PC with less than a gigabyte of RAM and I've never had this error. I'm not saying it's not memory related, it would make sense that it is since you can get the error now but after a few minutes you try to save again and it works, even though it was paused all this time. But officially it started occurring (or started occurring often) after World Adventures, since it changed the saving system (probably cause of the traveling system). It occurs in The Sims Medieval as well, and if I have a pretty good idea as to when EA's games enter development and when they are announced (and I have no reason to doubt myself, seeing as those greedy f*ckers have been ripping me off for years), I'd say TSM's development began around December 2009 - February 2010. Which means it would have been built on World Adventures' version of the Sims 3 engine...

Oh in case you're curious about that PC, it was a:

-Pentium 4 3.0 GHz
-768 MB of RAM (only 256 MB now) I "burned" the 512 card when I tried to run Episodes From Liberty City (it worked, but yeah...).
-GeForce 9400 GT 1GB
-Windows XP Service Pack 2

It actually still works, gave it to my cousin and even he didn't manage to break it yet.


I'm 100% certain of it. The error codes specify very specific things. Error 12 is a "World Save Failure" that is typically caused by lack of RAM. Error 13 is a post-save callback failure. Error 15 is an access violation on reading a file. Error 16 is an access violation writing a file. Developers do this for a very specific reason - so they can say "yeah, this is what the issue is.. and this is how you can fix it." Just because you started getting any of the above after a specific expansion was installed doesn't mean it happen(s/ed) for everyone exactly the same way - and judging by the amount of RAM you have, which is well below the minimum needed for the game, I'm surprised you got far enough to be able to play with an expansion.

The URL you point to doesn't say "it started happening after WA" ... it does say "it started happening WIDELY after WA". There is a difference.

_________________
"Imagination rarely tallies with reality." - Benjamin Franklin
avatar
hexorcist
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Mass Effect series
Male Posts : 544
Points : 2444
Reputation : 70
Join date : 2012-11-26
Age : 104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error 12 problem

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:12

hexorcist wrote:

The URL you point to doesn't say "it started happening after WA" ... it does say "it started happening WIDELY after WA". There is a difference.

Probably because travelling seriously bloats a save game and the larger the save game gets, the harder it will be to save the game, especially on pc's that don't or barely meet the RAM requirements.
I keep my savegames small and that makes a world of difference. I have a hard time believing a pc with less than 1 GB RAM (or 256 MB even) can run The Sims at all. Even with Gamebooster running, my pc uses 22-25% of it's available RAM when it's idle, it skyrockets to 98% as soon as I start the game. I have 1 GB RAM. It's a miracle I'm not experiencing more problems than I am.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20085
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error 12 problem

Post by TUN3R on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 11:50

hexorcist wrote:
The URL you point to doesn't say "it started
happening after WA" ... it does say "it started happening WIDELY after
WA". There is a difference.

Yeah that. But for some of us it never happened prior to it.

Lady ElDi wrote:
Probably because travelling seriously bloats a save game and the larger the save game gets, the harder it will be to save the game, especially on pc's that don't or barely meet the RAM requirements.
I keep my savegames small and that makes a world of difference. I have a hard time believing a pc with less than 1 GB RAM (or 256 MB even) can run The Sims at all. Even with Gamebooster running, my pc uses 22-25% of it's available RAM when it's idle, it skyrockets to 98% as soon as I start the game. I have 1 GB RAM. It's a miracle I'm not experiencing more problems than I am.

It didn't for me, not prior to patching World Adventures anyway. Sometimes I'd get it right after creating a new save lol.

Anyway bottom line patch 2.2.8 and 2.3 for World Adventures fix it... well fix most of it... whatever...

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Male Posts : 646
Points : -7234
Reputation : -9982
Join date : 2012-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error 12 problem

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 10:00

Hello,

Well, since my pc shouldn't even run it (CPU doesn't quite cut it) I guess I shouldn't assume. It's not unlikely there are more miracle PCs out there.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20085
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error 12 problem

Post by OsBu on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 06:03

I have this problem, Error 12, but I don't have WA. What should I do?

OsBu
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 2
Points : 1735
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-19
Location : Cancun, Mexico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: error 12 problem

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:31

Hello,

Start by reading this, and if that doesn't solve it, please open a topic.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20085
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum