How do you uninstall sims 3 pets on mac?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do you uninstall sims 3 pets on mac?

Post by amyyjean on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 06:27

I cannot find my sims 3 pets disc anywhere and I am dissapointed that there are not many options for mac users with this issue for resolving it. I have bought two more expansion packs in hopes that I would no longer need my sims 3 pets disc, including downloading sims 3 generations which was released later then pets, and come to find I STILL need my sims 3 pet disc. I am so sick of trying to figure something out and just want it uninstalled but now I cannot even do that. PLEASE help me figure out what to do and if there are any other options I have. I have also tried the "NoCD" crack or what not, and could not get it to work properly. I also still have the registration code that came with my game.

- No mods installed
- Installed packs: world adventures, late night, ambitions, generations, and pets
- I have a ton of downloaded content (sims, hair, furniture, etc.) from thesimsresource.com. (Far too many to list)

amyyjean
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How do you uninstall sims 3 pets on mac?

Post by invalidusername on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 07:19

I can't help you with this, and it will probably be moved to a part of the forum that can, but I feel like I should let you know that Generations was actually before Pets, so it wouldn't have helped at all anyways. After Pets came Master Suite, Showtime, Katy Perry's Sweet Treats, Diesel Stuff, Supernatural, and Seasons. Maybe that could help somehow in the future. Sad
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 09:12

//MOVED
Hello,

I don't know how you'd go about uninstalling, but I would like to ask if you used the crack from this fix and if you used the Mac version of the fix. You will have to make sure you have the right game version (1.47) to work this crack. This page lists the ways in which you can find your game version, options for Mac are in the lower half of the page.

Another option is to redeem your Pets registrationcode in Origin to get a legit digital version of the game. You won't need the disk.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Algester on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 10:31

let me check there seems to be an uninstaller option on the OSX version Ill dig on that and see what I can do it works the built in uninstaller works
if you got the sims 3 uninstaller sym link AKA shortcut in your Application folder just use that if not
go to sims 3 right click>show package contents>Contents>Resources>AddOns>Sims 3 uninstaller
the just uninstall the said expansion pack you got provided that you were able to install it perfectly in the first place

Algester
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amyyjean on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 14:53

Thank you all so much. Algester- Your directions are 100% right. My problem is that I had read to move the application into my trash and then empty it. That did not uninstall it, but now I do not have the above option for uninstalling it the correct way so it is still on my computer. I tried viewing a previous version and moving the game back in the folder but that did not work and now it is all messed up.

If I purchase and download master suite or seasons, will I no longer need my pets disc? I feel as if that would be my only option but before buying anything, I just need to know for sure.

amyyjean
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 16:39

Hello,

That would also fix it, though you may now be dealing with a corrupt installation because of the way you tried to get rid of the expansionpack.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112