Constant Unresponsiveness

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Constant Unresponsiveness

Post by ThatGirlAnastaysia on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 21:02

When I go to play Sims 3, it always stops responding. I've looked at other posts regarding this, and I've yet to see one that's resolved.

I have Windows 7, and Sims worked perfectly until I got expansions packs.

I had Ambitions, Diesel Stuff, Generations, Late Night, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Katy Perry, Seasons, Showtime, Supernatural, and World Adventures. I took off several and left myself with Ambitions, Generations, Late Night, Showtime, Pets and Supernatural (maybe a couple more) but I now notice that although I uninstalled them, they're still showing up in the folder I made for them so the wouldn't crowd my desktop.

It would allow me to play for a while before stopping, but now I can't even load my town. I've replaced one folder about a million times, and it would work for the hour or so I'd be on, but the next time I played, it wouldn't respond again.

:newfag: so please have some patience with me. I'm also a 16 year old blonde girl, so I'm obviously not all there in the mind Noob

Thank you for your time and help Cool

ThatGirlAnastaysia
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Constant Unresponsiveness

Post by invalidusername on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 03:15

Are you using any mods or cc?

What is your base game version? (Can be discovered by hovering over the base game icon in the bottom left of the launcher)

P.S. I'm a 19 year old blonde girl (all natural too), so what's that say about me? Wink
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Constant Unresponsiveness

Post by hexorcist on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 21:07

If you don't have mods/cc you might try cleaning out the SNAP records from your save. This can be done easily using my Save Game Manager found here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t9449-ts3-save-game-manager-beta-new-year-release

Make a backup first - as always. Click the Utilities button, then "Clean SNAPs"; browse to your save's folder and click "Ok". What happens is every time you go into CAS, images are created of the sim you're working on and saved into your save game whether you keep those settings or not - it also saves multiple copies of that image. This also happens on sims outside of CAS, but not nearly as often. Every image that is created is taking up RAM that it doesn't need to, and that could be causing your issue.

Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Mass Effect series
Male Posts : 544

View user profile