download questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

download questions

Post by coocoocachoo on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 23:41

hi, i tried downloading the sims a couple of times and failed, i have some questions about downloading like first is there a order for the expansions, and second some exp. packs install guide states to changes the regedit SKU value is that still valid i know we arent supposed to apply any cracks, just the ultimate fix at the very end and i have been using the autorun app. instead of the setup app. does that make a difference?

//EDIT

i will try to just run the installation on all of them instead of doing
the SKU value change and see if that works and another problem i had
which i was wondering about is that i could not uopen the launcher i had
to start the game by opening the ts3 application itself in the
sims3/bin folder

//EDIT

i dont know if for world adventures and i think one other it says to go
change the regedit and to replace files in the game/bin folder for that
xpack do i still do that? or do i just download the game and then just
to the manual patch and fix?

Admin edit: Please do not spam, but use the "Edit" button on your post instead. Thank you!

another question

3. Open the '# Crack' file in this .rar file and open 'Crack 1'. Run the 'sims3patch.exe' and
follow on screen instructions. Change the 'C:\Program Files\Sims 3' to:
'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3' before Installing the Patch! (If you have
Installed The Sims 3 in an other language, it'll be something else. Like when you Installed
The Game in Dutch, it'll be: 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\De Sims 3', so be sure you
check what you have, otherwise it won't work!

4. Open the 'Crack 2' folder in the '# Crack' file. Copy áll the files in that folder
to: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and REPLACE them by the existing ones.

5. Now open the 'Crack 3' folder and start the 'Sims3_1.2.7.00002_from_1.0.631.00002.exe'
patch.

6. Do the same with the other .exe Patches in the 'Crack 3' folder, from up to down.
7. When you applied all the Updates, open The Sims 3 Launcher. You'll be prompted to Download
the EA Download Manager if you haven't already Installed it. So, if you don't have it, Install
it. When you've Installed the EA Download Manager, click on 'Refresh' on the Game Updates -tab.
A pop-up will appear, telling you that there's an Update for you Game. Click 'OK' to Download
and Install the Update.

8. Now completely close the Game including the EA Download Manager from the System Tray. Open
the 'Sims3EP01Setup.exe' in this .rar file. Follow on screen instructions to Install the
Game. When a Serial code is needed, use one of the following Serial codes:

which of these steps do i skip and which ones do i do? and second i cannot open the sims 3 launcher...i have to manually launch the game without seeing the launcher.

- ADMIN

//edit

i downloaded it all again and i keep getting this error when loading a world, a serious error has occured when loading world, "city".sims it is strongly recommended you restart the application.
and when i went to a town that actually loaded and i tried to save my game, it said an error has accured code 16 or something.

Last edited by coocoocachoo on Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:58; edited 3 times in total

coocoocachoo
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: download questions

Post by DanijelaSU on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 12:00

Hi, please answer me on this maybe, stupid question :-)
I dont have enough space on my hard C disk, so can I install base game and expansions on for example D drive? please please :-)

DanijelaSU
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: download questions

Post by Adwomin on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 20:35

coocoocachoo wrote:hi, i tried downloading the sims a couple of times and failed, i have some questions about downloading like first is there a order for the expansions, and second some exp. packs install guide states to changes the regedit SKU value is that still valid i know we arent supposed to apply any cracks, just the ultimate fix at the very end and i have been using the autorun app. instead of the setup app. does that make a difference?

//EDIT

i will try to just run the installation on all of them instead of doing
the SKU value change and see if that works and another problem i had
which i was wondering about is that i could not uopen the launcher i had
to start the game by opening the ts3 application itself in the
sims3/bin folder

//EDIT

i dont know if for world adventures and i think one other it says to go
change the regedit and to replace files in the game/bin folder for that
xpack do i still do that? or do i just download the game and then just
to the manual patch and fix?

Admin edit: Please do not spam, but use the "Edit" button on your post instead. Thank you!

- ADMIN
Hello there,

There's no specific order, just this: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly
And no, it doesn't matter whether you use the Autorun.exe or the Setup.exe file, as long as you get to the actual installation wizard.
As for the SKU: yes, for World Adventures you most likely need to change it to "2", otherwise you'll get a "Invalid region" error when trying to install the game.
Please let us know the result, good luck!

DanijelaSU wrote:Hi, please answer me on this maybe, stupid question :-)
I dont have enough space on my hard C disk, so can I install base game and expansions on for example D drive? please please :-)
Please stick to your own topic and keep all your problems regarding the same game in that topic. Thank you!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum