Create A World and Update 1.47

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Create A World and Update 1.47

Post by CharmedOne on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 21:21

I have been working on My exclusive Cinema City world for the G4TW exchange for some time now, of course e run into many problems in the process but all in all Its been okay. First things first Caw crashes in EIG mode but I'm not too concerned with that, my problem is that I tried to export the world and it keeps giving me an error saying export failed so I then added the patch 1.47 to my game and now I get a CAW error message saying that the game and Caw are not compatible, I have to uninstall then reinstall CAW. Im wondering if there is an updated CAW yet because until there is I cannot finish My world for G4TW exchange. Can anyone help? Please because I really want to complete the world and share it with you guys!

CharmedOne
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 48
Points : 2131
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Create A World and Update 1.47

Post by Adwomin on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 21:34

Hello,

So you have the latest version of the game? (1.47)
Then I recommend you also get the latest version of the CAW tool. I don't think it has an update option or something, but I recommend doing it as follows:

1. Back up everything that's related to the CAW tool.
2. Uninstall the CAW tool completely.
3. Restart your PC.
4. Re-download the latest version of the CAW tool here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t7423-download-link-for-the-create-a-world-tool
5. Test the CAW tool.

Good luck and let us know the result!

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026417
Reputation : 2252
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Create A World and Update 1.47

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 18 Jan 2013, 09:52

Hello,

No need to uninstall CAW first, if you start the new CAW setup, it'll update your current version of the tool to the latest.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20084
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Create A World and Update 1.47

Post by CharmedOne on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 15:20

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Admin, and Lady. CAW link worked and now I'm back up and running. Im going to try and figure out how to get some screenshots so that I can show you guys how much progress I've made. I'm in the process of decorating as far as adding trees, and plants traffic lights, and things of that nature. Its my first world so everything is not perfect but I'm working towards just about perfect. I've laid all the plots for houses and community lots, so hopefully I will be able to EIG now. But I will create a save file just in case ppl want to add their own lots and buildings although I left space for just that reason. But Im so excited to get back to work. I will continue to keep G4TW updated as to the progress as soon as I can get some screen shots either in game or in CAW, but all in all it truly is becoming a beautiful world!

CharmedOne
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 48
Points : 2131
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Create A World and Update 1.47

Post by Adwomin on Sat 19 Jan 2013, 19:49

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

No need to uninstall CAW first, if you start the new CAW setup, it'll update your current version of the tool to the latest.
Hello there,

Oh, that's good to know, thank you!

CharmedOne wrote:THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Admin, and Lady. CAW link worked and now I'm back up and running. Im going to try and figure out how to get some screenshots so that I can show you guys how much progress I've made. I'm in the process of decorating as far as adding trees, and plants traffic lights, and things of that nature. Its my first world so everything is not perfect but I'm working towards just about perfect. I've laid all the plots for houses and community lots, so hopefully I will be able to EIG now. But I will create a save file just in case ppl want to add their own lots and buildings although I left space for just that reason. But Im so excited to get back to work. I will continue to keep G4TW updated as to the progress as soon as I can get some screen shots either in game or in CAW, but all in all it truly is becoming a beautiful world!
That's great! Glad to hear it's working fine now.
We'll be waiting for your creations eagerly.
Anything else we can currently help you with?

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026417
Reputation : 2252
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Create A World and Update 1.47

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:13

Hello,

You can print screen, or use the screenshot function in EIG mode. I prefer that actually since you don't have to limit yourself to 1 picture. The screenshots you take in EIG mode are saved to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Screenshots.
I'll have to take a few shots myself. There are a few minor annoyances with the world I'm building as well. Some lots don't line up perfectly. It's more of a visual annoyance than anything else I think.

_________________
"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112
Points : 20084
Reputation : 1437
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Create A World and Update 1.47

Post by CharmedOne on Mon 21 Jan 2013, 22:38

Can't get CAW to EIG. It goes all the way to loading screen and won't load, and I already tried clearing cashes............Any suggestions?

CharmedOne
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 48
Points : 2131
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Create A World and Update 1.47

Post by Aidansteems on Tue 29 Jan 2013, 18:37

I have also the new patch 1.47 and done everything on the above. Restart the computer and tried to install it. It keeps saying me that my current game version is not going with the CAW. Can you please help me?

Aidansteems
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 1
Points : 1723
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-01-29
Location : Netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Create A World and Update 1.47

Post by Adwomin on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 21:14

CharmedOne wrote:Can't get CAW to EIG. It goes all the way to loading screen and won't load, and I already tried clearing cashes............Any suggestions?
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Do you have any Mods or Custom Content?

Aidansteems wrote:I have also the new patch 1.47 and done everything on the above. Restart the computer and tried to install it. It keeps saying me that my current game version is not going with the CAW. Can you please help me?
Please open your own topic; that makes it easier for us to track progress. Thank you!

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026417
Reputation : 2252
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 16
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum