Saved game won't load since last Store Fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Saved game won't load since last Store Fix

Post by AmyH416 on Mon 21 Jan 2013, 21:35

I was playing a saved game last night for hours with no problems (saved roughly every 10 min, but better than it's been). Today I decided to update the store fixes before going back into play and now my saved game will not load.

The launcher starts up fine, the main menu comes up, but when I try to go into my saved game, it crashes before loading halfway.

I have done all of the suggested solutions to the problem of crashing to desktop, since it's only become more pronounced since Supernatural/Seasons. And it had been getting better (I actually played for *hours* last night - unheard of for me in the last couple months). But now all of a sudden with the new store fixes, no such luck.

Any help? Can I revert back to the old fixes? Do they exist anywhere?

Thanks!

AmyH416
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Female Posts : 14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Saved game won't load since last Store Fix

Post by hexorcist on Mon 21 Jan 2013, 21:40

I'd try removing the SNAP records myself. You can do it with my Save Game Manager found in the Miscellaneous section of the Exchange if you like. There are a few other ways to remove those records, but I don't recall where to get one (Lady ElDi linked to it in the Software forums) and the other might be a bit too powerful for most (s3pe).

If that doesn't fix it, we're going to need more information; such as: do you get any error message at all?

Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Mass Effect series
Male Posts : 544

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyH416 on Mon 21 Jan 2013, 21:43

Thanks for your reply. I'll go look for the posts you mentioned.

To answer your question - no, no specific error message. Just the typical crash to desktop with "Sims 3 has stopped working" window.

Edit: Downloading the Save Game Manager now... will let you know what happens! Smile

Edit: I'm getting an error before the Manager loads - I did get a security risk but bypassed it and the Manager had loaded, but I want to be sure I'm not royally screwing up something before I start messing with it. Sent you an email with the screen shot (it's telling me the file is too big to upload here).

Edit: Tried to do the "Clean SNAPs" solution, but doesn't seem to have helped. I couldn't actually tell if it did anything when I selected the folder to clean, since there wasn't a status bar. But I *think* I completed the operation. We'll see...

Last edited by AmyH416 on Mon 21 Jan 2013, 22:22; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Update post)

AmyH416
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Female Posts : 14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content