Setting in Options Menu won't save.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Setting in Options Menu won't save.

Post by pluto on Tue 22 Jan 2013, 23:31

Hi there and thank you for everything you've done to help me already!

I have one problem... When I try to save my settings in the options menu (such as unchecking the 'enable story progression' option or increasing/decreasing a life span), the settings won't save for the next time I play. Every time I play, I have to set these settings again. How can I make sure these settings save on their own without having to constantly save them every time I play?

Thanks!

pluto
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Setting in Options Menu won't save.

Post by hexorcist on Wed 23 Jan 2013, 05:59

First thing I'd do is make sure the Options.ini file isn't read only - you can find it in your My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder; right click on it, click on Properties then look at the "Attributes" at the bottom of the dialog that pops up.

If it's not read only, then I would manually edit that file and make the changes I want -- but that's me.

Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Mass Effect series
Male Posts : 544

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dsffernandes on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 22:38

Hey, I have the same problem, everytime I change the options and reboot my computer, the options will reset to default. I checked the Options.ini file and it is not as read-only. Can anyone help me?

dsffernandes
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 09 Aug 2013, 22:55

@dsffernandes wrote:Hey, I have the same problem, everytime I change the options and reboot my computer, the options will reset to default. I checked the Options.ini file and it is not as read-only. Can anyone help me?
Hello,

Normally you should open a new topic for that problem, but I'll make an exception here:

Try to go into your game again and set all the options you like. After you exit the game, go to the properties of the "options.ini" file and MARK the box as "read-only". Now re-boot your computer and then start the game again. See if that helps.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dsffernandes on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 23:56

Carlos G. wrote:
@dsffernandes wrote:Hey, I have the same problem, everytime I change the options and reboot my computer, the options will reset to default. I checked the Options.ini file and it is not as read-only. Can anyone help me?
Hello,

Normally you should open a new topic for that problem, but I'll make an exception here:

Try to go into your game again and set all the options you like. After you exit the game, go to the properties of the "options.ini" file and MARK the box as "read-only". Now re-boot your computer and then start the game again. See if that helps.

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't open a new topic because it said that I didn't have the rights for that.

I tried to do what you told me but it didn't solve the problem. Is there anything else I can do?

dsffernandes
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 11 Aug 2013, 00:01

@dsffernandes wrote: Thank you for your reply.

I didn't open a new topic because it said that I didn't have the rights for that.

I tried to do what you told me but it didn't solve the problem. Is there anything else I can do?
Hello,

Sorry to hear that. But after exiting the game you actually marked the box where it says "read-only" ? So that you could see a check mark on that box ?

I will try to think about that problem, but right now, I have no idea.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum