What's the difference of Temporary Fix with Ultimate Fix. [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's the difference of Temporary Fix with Ultimate Fix. [CLOSED]

Post by coolkips on Sun 27 Jan 2013, 04:40

Hello admin....

I just read your post about The Sims 3 Ultimate Fix and found there are several items....
The_Sims_3_fix_temp.rar and The_Sims_3_fix.rar  Very Happy

My first question is when I must use the Temporary Fix?

The second, what's the different of the temporary fix and the other (fix) both for PC?

The third, when we copy files from Base game then STEP 10 mention copy files from 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff & Seasons & Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry's Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations it refer to the same target "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin". So, its the STEP 3: (mentioned below) is useless?  affraid
For The Sims 3 - base game: open the "Base Game" folder in this .rar file and drag & drop both files in there to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and choose "Replace" on the pop-up that appears, telling you the files already exist.

From edition (20130123) why the # Crack folder contain very old time file (Nov 28, 2012), older than previous edition (20130109) that time mark is Jan 9, 2013...

Hmm...   to many question.... But I'm very eager to know it....  cheers

Thanks you for you kindness and answering my question.... sunny

coolkips
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's the difference of Temporary Fix with Ultimate Fix. [CLOSED]

Post by t2sink on Sun 27 Jan 2013, 07:26

Only recommend using the Temporary fix if the Ultimate Fix isn't working for you.

The Temporary Fix is a NoCD Mod, so requires some work to get it running.
The Ultimate Fix is a cracked exe, so it's treated as the real normal game.

Step 3 has like TS3.exe and TS3host.dll, Step 10 has like TS3W.exe and TS3Whost.dll, so two different files, so Step 3 is still needed. Step 10 also has the unmodified exe's so you can update your game through the launcher if you want. The step a few later that you move from the #Cracked folder are the modified exe's so you don't need the disk to play The Sims 3.

Last question is, I'm not sure, Admin might have used a older Ultimate Fix template he has.
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4
Male Posts : 1079

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by coolkips on Sun 27 Jan 2013, 13:14

t2sink wrote:Only recommend using the Temporary fix if the Ultimate Fix isn't working for you.

The Temporary Fix is a NoCD Mod, so requires some work to get it running.
The Ultimate Fix is a cracked exe, so it's treated as the real normal game.

Step 3 has like TS3.exe and TS3host.dll, Step 10 has like TS3W.exe and TS3Whost.dll, so two different files, so Step 3 is still needed. Step 10 also has the unmodified exe's so you can update your game through the launcher if you want. The step a few later that you move from the #Cracked folder are the modified exe's so you don't need the disk to play The Sims 3.

Last question is, I'm not sure, Admin might have used a older Ultimate Fix template he has.
Thanks t2sink... for quick answer...

But, both Step 3 and 10 has same file "TSLhost.dll" (Step 3 has no "TS3host.dll" and Step 10 has no "TS3Whost.dll"). The same file "TSLhost.dll", but different time stamp.

Still wait for the complete answer...

coolkips
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sun 27 Jan 2013, 17:24

Hello,

In order to get your game working, you do not need to do the whole Fix again. All you need to do, can be found here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

As for the Fix, it was originally created to make it possible for you to update your game via the launcher, without getting the "Invalid File" error. (You get that error when the updater detects a cracked file)
All the folders you see in the Ultimate Fix - except for the "# Crack" folder - contain the original files, which you need to update via the launcher, without getting the "Invalid File" error.
First you put back all the original files to the folders where they belong and then you can update via the launcher... if done correctly, of course. A lot of people still misplace the files, that's why we recommend the manual patch, which does not check the files and just replaces them with their originals.

As for the "TS3" and the "TS3W" files: the "TS3W" was added after the release of The Sims 3: Generations. Since the release of that expansion, it's not necessary to update each expansion pack separately any more. When you update the base game now, everything else will automatically be updated to the latest version.

I hope this clears up. If not, please let us know!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink on Sun 27 Jan 2013, 19:24

coolkips wrote:But, both Step 3 and 10 has same file "TSLhost.dll" (Step 3 has no "TS3host.dll" and Step 10 has no "TS3Whost.dll"). The same file "TSLhost.dll", but different time stamp.

Well guess the TSLHost.dll in step 3 is useless then, since you'll overwrite it in step 10, I was thinking it was named differently still. Since you have to do step 10 in order for the game to work.
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sun 27 Jan 2013, 20:12

t2sink wrote:
coolkips wrote:But, both Step 3 and 10 has same file "TSLhost.dll" (Step 3 has no "TS3host.dll" and Step 10 has no "TS3Whost.dll"). The same file "TSLhost.dll", but different time stamp.

Well guess the TSLHost.dll in step 3 is useless then, since you'll overwrite it in step 10, I was thinking it was named differently still. Since you have to do step 10 in order for the game to work.
Hello there,

I think I added all the original files of the files that get replaced, just to be sure.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by coolkips on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 16:14

Admin wrote:Hello,

In order to get your game working, you do not need to do the whole Fix again. All you need to do, can be found here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

As for the Fix, it was originally created to make it possible for you to update your game via the launcher, without getting the "Invalid File" error. (You get that error when the updater detects a cracked file)
All the folders you see in the Ultimate Fix - except for the "# Crack" folder - contain the original files, which you need to update via the launcher, without getting the "Invalid File" error.
First you put back all the original files to the folders where they belong and then you can update via the launcher... if done correctly, of course. A lot of people still misplace the files, that's why we recommend the manual patch, which does not check the files and just replaces them with their originals.

As for the "TS3" and the "TS3W" files: the "TS3W" was added after the release of The Sims 3: Generations. Since the release of that expansion, it's not necessary to update each expansion pack separately any more. When you update the base game now, everything else will automatically be updated to the latest version.

I hope this clears up. If not, please let us know!

Thanks for the explaination. I guess most of user, download the fix to crack....

As I am only need the crack also... I hope games4theworld also release crack only.... instead of whole things...

One question. Since patch 1.22 we do not need to update EP/SP... but why the fix included the original of every EP/SP? Since we do not crack the EP/SP again....

Just asking to get clear...

AND http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly still indicating that there is Ultimate Fix that need to be downloaded after
3. When it finished updating your game to the latest version, re-download the latest version of our Ultimate Fix: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
and confusing with this statement:
In order to get your game working, you do not need to do the whole Fix
again. All you need to do, can be found here:
http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Shocked

coolkips
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 21:57

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
No, as I stated, you do not need the whole Fix, but you do need the "# Crack" folder, that comes with the Ultimate Fix. (Because it contains the latest working NoCD crack for the game)

The original files are included for people who still have cracks applied for any of the games. Just to make the Fix "complete", I've added all the original files, for those who need them to update their game via the launcher.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by coolkips on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 11:20

Sorry for the late reply!
No, as I stated, you do not need the whole Fix, but you do need the "# Crack" folder, that comes with the Ultimate Fix. (Because it contains the latest working NoCD crack for the game)

The original files are included for people who still have cracks applied for any of the games. Just to make the Fix "complete", I've added all the original files, for those who need them to update their game via the launcher.

Can we get only CRACK at your MF account... since we need to download all.... but only need the crack..... THANKS....

One suggestion, when you PUT a long folder name inside a RAR files, it can produce an error when extracting... with warning too long file name....

coolkips
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sat 02 Feb 2013, 13:05

Hello,

We prefer to keep things as simple as possible. Some people still need to apply the entire fix and a separate crack would complicate things. People can get confused as to what they need to download in order to get everything to work.
The result is, that people who don't read this topic (carefully enough), may apply the entire fix even if they don't need to. Since the time loss of applying the entire fix is almost non-existent, and it doesn't hurt, it's easier for everyone if things stay the way they are.
The fix also isn't huge so it's not as if downloading it is going to take up that much more time/bandwidth.

We may review this policy/the fix in the future during such a time that it makes sense not to need the fix anymore.

As for your final suggestion, thank you, perhaps it's a good idea for Admin to have a look at that.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 02 Feb 2013, 23:02

coolkips wrote:
One suggestion, when you PUT a long folder name inside a RAR files, it can produce an error when extracting... with warning too long file name....
Hello there,

Is it? I've never heard about that issue.
How can you confirm this?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink on Mon 04 Feb 2013, 20:33

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13178377/winrar-total-path-and-file-name-length-must-not-exceed-260-characters[/mention] wrote:WinRAR “Total path and file name length must not exceed 260 characters”

Address bar is limited to 260 character.
for example the following is 270 characters, 161 of that is the folder name.
"C:\Users\somewhatlongusername\documents\games\torrents\downloads\games4theworld\thesims3\The_Sims_3_fix_1.48\70s, 80s and 90s Stuff & Seasons & Supernatural & Diesel Stuff & Katy Perry's Sweet Treats & Showtime & Master Suite Stuff & Pets & Town Life Stuff & Generations"

So if people run into it, have them change directories and go to the closest to the drive letter, and if they want it in the other spot just rename it before moving back.
t2sink
Godfather / First Lady
Godfather / First Lady

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 04 Feb 2013, 22:54

Hello,

Thank you, t2sink, didn't know that!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by coolkips on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 05:03

Thank you, t2sink, didn't know that!

I confuse with timestamp of the newest Crack: (Ultimate Fix released on Jan 23 2013)

crack file: Nov 28, 2012

It's even older than previous version: (Ultimate Fix released on Jan 9, 2013)

crack file: Jan 9, 2012

How can it happen anyway?

coolkips
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sun 17 Feb 2013, 13:02

Hello,

Yes, it's something I'm confused about too. When placed, the file shows an older date than it has actually been created on. Question

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by karimsd on Sat 22 Mar 2014, 12:19

I Installed The Game At 1 Version I Think So I Updated It To 1.67.2 At I Added The Crack To "Bin" But When I Open The Game From TS3 EA Ask For A Serial Code !!!!
I Also Desinstalled The Game And Update It To 1.57 With The Crack And The Same Problem ! To 1.55 And The Same Problem !! I Installed "Host" And I Tried The Temp Fix "mods" Ressources (I Only Put This Crack In Ea/The Sims 3 ) Please Help Me !! If It Won't Work I Will Put The Computer Under A Big Tank !  !!  !   Help  Foreveralone

Mod edit: please open a NEW topic for your issue(s), instead of posting under someone else's OLD topic. Thank you - this topic is closed now.

- Carlos

karimsd
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum