several issues - i just cant figure out what user error im committing... [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

several issues - i just cant figure out what user error im committing... [SOLVED]

Post by tater9 on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 02:46

Ok, first off there are a few EPs I downloaded from you guys (showtime is the first one I downloaded and it installed perfectly!) that when i try to unzip them all it says is invalid .rar I havent done anything to these files except download and try to unzip them.

If it will let me unzip and access the files etc, if i try to run the set up application, a window pops up that says

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498
@windows vista service pack

and then it lists the IE version i have...

what have I done wrong? - i DID try to find the answer for this already but either I am lost enough to not even recognize the answer or I have messed up in a new way (doubtful)

tater9
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: several issues - i just cant figure out what user error im committing... [SOLVED]

Post by hexorcist on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:23

You're going to be told "only use WinRAR, others will corrupt your files!!!!!!!!!" .. which is baloney and comes from individuals who have never attempted the others to know whether or not they will corrupt your files.

This error is nearly 100% of the time caused by files not being extracted properly - meaning they either weren't extracted at all (ie: trying to run the .exe from within the archive), or the archive was corrupt and they could not be extracted (Note: it has NOTHING to do with which suite you use to extract with, they all use the SAME EXACT algorithm - and I've proven this somewhere in these threads, though it seems some don't understand what "md5sum" is and what it does - and google is obviously too hard).

Given that you've stated that it's told you the files are invalid rar files, I'd almost guarantee that your files are corrupt or not completely downloaded.

Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Mass Effect series
Male Posts : 544

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: several issues - i just cant figure out what user error im committing... [SOLVED]

Post by tater9 on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 15:56

I was already in the process of redownloading one of the EPs. it finally finished and when i unzipped it and ran it, it installed perfectly. So, you were very right, it seems it was just an erroneous download. thank you for your response!

tater9
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 21:53

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply!
Thank you, Hexorcist!
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need more assistance!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum