I need your help! Installation and Cracking

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need your help! Installation and Cracking

Post by larouckam on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 23:46

Hello there! I just created this account so I can personally ask you
guys something regarding the first step of this installation guide : http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly. Ok, so I'm very familiar with your The Sims 3 torrents and installation guides. I've succesfully installed The Sims 3 and a few Expasions/Stuff Packs a few months ago when Supernatural came out and I played the game with no crashes. I decided to download your Seasons game version(torrented) and now it messed up my whole game so I have to reinstall everything Sad
The problem that caused my game to crash every 5 minutes might be because I installed Seasons according to the Ultimate Fix guide and not to this guide nor the guide that came with the .RAR file of Seasons!

So my question is, in order to reinstall everything do I need to apply the steps from the Ultimate Fix installation guide? OR Do I need to follow these steps from the above thread instead? If I need to follow those steps, then what exactly does step 1. (one) means? Do I have to install the base game and whichever expasions/stuff packs simultaneosly, without cracking any expansion/stuff pack, then updating the game and after that applying the cracks from the Ultimate Fix folder ( # Crack) ?

I'm sorry but step 1 from this guide always confuses me because I have no idea when I'm supposed to crack (after installing every Expansion and Stuff pack or after installing all of them?) the base game and the rest of the expansions. Thanks

//EDIT

Can't anybody really help me? WhatDidUJustCallMe? I just need to know when I'm supposed
to crack all the games I installed : after installing each
expansion/stuff pack or after installing all of them simultaneously?

larouckam
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need your help! Installation and Cracking

Post by invalidusername on Tue 29 Jan 2013, 23:16

Please don't double post or bump your thread. We will help you as quickly as we are able.

The way I recommend installing is Base Game -> Manual Patch -> Expansions/Stuff Packs -> Manual Patch again -> Crack from the Ultimate Fix.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by larouckam on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 04:40

Hello there! I'm sorry for double posting, I hope I didn't made any bad mistake by doing that. I just wanted a solution and you are the first one who offered me one so thanks for replying Smile

Now back to the OP : So if I'm correct, I should install the base game and manual patch it to 1.48 then apply the manual patch all over again after I installed the desired Expansions/Stuff packs? Shocked I'm not sure if it would make any big difference. I can try it obviously but I really don't want to mess up my game again, these uninstalls-reinstalls takes away all my motivation already

What if I want to keep my game updated to version 1.42? I want to mention that the game worked perfectly before installing Seasons and applying the 1.48 manual patch + it's not the first time a new patch makes my game crash after every 3-5 minutes. How can I make the game stay at an older version (1.42 preferably) even though a future expansion would ask me to update my game whenever I want to install that certain expansion( I'm referring to the University Life in this case)!

I'm patient so take your time and reply whenever you have time, no need to rush Smile Thanks again for replying, looking forward to your answers!

larouckam
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 18:50

The only reason I recommend re-patching after installing is that it can sometimes prevent errors from occurring, but it is an optional part.

And it's actually impossible to keep it at an earlier patch level if you want any expansions that were released past that point.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 30 Jan 2013, 21:31

Hello,

Why would you want to keep your game updated to a specific update level?
We recommend getting the latest version at all time. (Following these instructions carefully will automatically get you the latest version of the game: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly )

Please let us know the result and if you need any assistance during the process!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by larouckam on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 05:08

Hello! Thanks for replying back Smile I will try and install the base game and the Expansions/Stuff pack once again today and let you know if it works.

I also have a question : After I install the Base Game, Ambitions and Late Night do I need to apply any cracks to the base game and to those two Expansion packs or should I install all the games I want without applying any cracks and then continuing doing steps 2-4 ?
That's the thing that confuses me the most about Step 1 Thanks

larouckam
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Thu 31 Jan 2013, 15:04

Just go ahead and install all the expansions you want, then crack, after you're done with installing everything. Smile
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum